X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Old Atari 2600

Supports your old cartridges.
    How about an N64 with HDMI next please!

I'm amazed at just how many of these Atrai 2600 systems there are. Who buys this stuff? I'm old enough to have been around when the 2600 was relevant but have absolutely no nostalgia for it. Must be all the Americans.

Comment

If they sold it with Ninja Golf as a pack in I'd be tempted. Even though I'm a retro head 2600 games are just a little too primitive to get much enjoyment from these days.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Supports your old cartridges.
        How about an N64 with HDMI next please!
        There are plenty of solutions to get HDMI to an N64, no need for yet another mini system.

Comment

I don't think it's a particularly bad thing. It's fairly inexpensive and if you're an Atari collector it's a nice way to play your games on a modern TV while retaining the feel of the original. Not even my retro leanings go this far back though!

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            If they sold it with Ninja Golf as a pack in I'd be tempted. Even though I'm a retro head 2600 games are just a little too primitive to get much enjoyment from these days.
            It's like going back to video games impressionist phase, i remember thinking wtf is actually going on with a lot of the games when i was a kid.

Comment

I'd be down for this! 2600 was the first multi cart system I ever gamed on.

Comment

This was also my first official gaming console. I got one for xmas aged 4 and besides combat we got space invaders and asteroid.

This literally gives me goosebumps watching the video.

Comment

Looks pretty neat, deffo still a few 2600 games well worth playing (Solaris for sure). If I was going to get a set up tho (and believe my trigger nearly happens often ) I'd want to do it proper with a woody on a 14" crt via RF, heck round one of my friends houses as a nipper we played on a black and white TV and had great times.

Comment

I don't see what the fuss is about personally, this is basically an official retron.

Comment

It's not ridiculously priced at £99 - but I have three of the originals that still work. I can't think anyone would play any 2600 game for more than 4 minutes, despite how great Space Invaders, Combat and Adventure seemed in the early 80s.

Taking nostalgia money from people.

Comment

One Christmas a couple of years back when we were in Toronto visiting my wife family, they decided to pull the VCS out from a dusty box in the basement for a trip down memory lane. I was actually surprised at how long my two young nieces sat and played it for that day, despite having their Nintendo Switch with them. As simplistic as it is, it's still something that can bring a lot of fun.

Comment

My younger foster sister loved this console. She has mental disabilities and yet she was brilliant at Frogger and used to play it at an exceptionally high level...

All of these games are simplistic by today's standards but the hook is there. Brilliant game design l shines through

Comment

Phwoar, look at that stick

Comment

I so want to buy a new copy of Ninja Golf just for the cheesy artwork. Shame they don't include the manual.

Comment

Working...
                              X