Anticipating: 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anticipating: 2024

Two months remain in 2023 and the last push of major new titles is about to hit. 2024 begins to loom and we're now several years out from the slowdown that the pandemic caused in development so we should be seeing a heavier influx of titles especially as we will already be getting into the half-way point of the current generation.

With new hardware also possibly on the cards and obviously titles that are yet to be announced, here are the titles confirmed or potentially launching in 2024.

How much are you Anticipating 2024?
    What games are on your radar?

Sony
    -Helldivers II
    -Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
    -Rise of Ronin
    -Death Stranding II
    -Pacific Drive
    -Silent Hill 2 Remake
    -Stellar Blade

Microsoft
    -ARK 2
    -Avowed
    -Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024
    -Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
    -STALKER 2: Heartof Chernobyl
    -Still Wakes the Deep
    -Clockwork Revolution

Nintendo
    -Another Code: Recollection
    -Mario vs Donkey Kong
    -Princess Peach: Showtime!
    -Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
    -Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door HD

Third Party
    -Alone in the Dark
    -Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
    -Graven
    -Like a Dragon 8: Infinite Wealth
    -Tekken 8
    -Granblue Fantasy: Relink
    -Persona 3 Reload
    -Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
    -Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden
    -Tomb Raider I-III: Remastered
    -Star Wars: Dark Forces Remastered
    -Homeworld 3
    -Radirgy 2
    -Clock Tower
    -Contra: Operation Galuga
    -Earth Defense Force: World Brothers 2
    -Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn
    -Frostpunk 2
    -GreedFall 2: The Dying World
    -Little Nightmares III
    -Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution
    -Star Wars: Outlaws
    -Test Drive: Unlimited - Solar Crown
    -Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
    -The Wolf Among Us 2
    -Call of Duty XXI
    -Judas
    -Killing Floor 3

Sony - I don't feel a massive pull to FFVIIR for some reason but barring something going wrong I imagine I'll end up enjoying it a lot as I got a lot out of the first remake installment. Likewise I'm interested in the SH2 remake but outside of that the PS5 seems to rolling into a second underwhelming year unless announcements are forthcoming I'm not jazzed about things on this front atm

Microsoft - There's the potential that 2024 could be the best year in many for them, especially since the titles above are missing a lot of studios and known titles as well as regular IP that should be coming due. I'm very interested in Clockwork Revolution and STALKER/Hellblade could be good too but as much as titles are finally becoming known for Xbox the biggest issue remains whether they will land at all or slip further back out of the year. Could go either way.

Nintendo - It's a solid line up considering the endgame the Switch is in but from a personal stand point I'm not interested in any of the remakes coming bar maybe Another Code. We're likely to get some notables in the second half of the year though so I'm expecting a decent year.

Third Party - I'm very doubtful Judas will land but after a decade of nothing I'm looking forward to three Bioshock style games being in development so I'll happily take just one landing in 2024. The rest of the games known should be fine but I'm now yowzer over them.

I think for 2024 I'm just above luke warm on anticipation at the moment but I do have a low lying expectation that by its end it will have easy beaten this year

Comment

Honestly I don't think there's any one game I'm hyped for as yet looking into next year.

But I am really curious to see what the Switch 2 ends up being, and also what is happening in the PC handheld space.

Comment

Wow, 2024 looking to be a bit **** going by that list.

Rise of the Ronin the only original IP I'm interested in, at this point.

Luigi's Mansion 2 HD and Thousand Year Door HD should be safe bets

Comment

Super hype for Rebirth that will be day 1.

Hoping we see Shadow of the Erdtree as well.

Between those 2 and my back catalogue, I'll be content for the year.

Will definitely get the Yakuza game at some point and the Ronin game is definitely on the radar, the Star Wars game looks pretty dope but they will most likely be 2025

Comment

Working...
          X