WonderSwan owners Unite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WonderSwan owners Unite!

Just got me a lovely WonderSwan, i dont see any WS posts here, there must be others who have one.
    So where are you?
    And what games do u have?

I had one. It has one of the best versions of Mr.Driller on it. It was a good little handheld with a pretty funky design.

Comment

I just got one for ?20 (which I thought was rather good) but with no games. So I would also like to know people's suggestions. Golden Axe looks tempting at the moment.

Comment

Ive got the Final Fantasy WonderSwan, its a great package.
        FF4 looks superb, but is all in japanese, obviously.
        It would be pure gaming heaven if it were in English
        Also?
        What is the difference between WS Color and WS Crystal?

Comment

Yeah I had the FF limited edition WS and it is a beautiful little package. I think a WS crystal has a better display iirc.

Other good games are Beatmania with added turntable peripheral. Its a bit fiddly but has some good tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger
            Ive got the Final Fantasy WonderSwan, its a great package.
            FF4 looks superb, but is all in japanese, obviously.
            It would be pure gaming heaven if it were in English
            Also?
            What is the difference between WS Color and WS Crystal?
            Crystal version has bigger screen, better sound and longer battery life....allegedly

Comment

I have always been eager to purchase a Wonderswan but never really took the dive. But after discovering this little number I think I may finally puchase one.

Comment

Same here. I've wanted a WS for a while now but have been primarily put off by the sheer number of heavy japanese text'd RPGs, but after seeing that I'm really tempted. Excellent use of the WS's ability to be played on it's side.

Anyone else know of any more shoot'em up and action orientated WS titles?

Comment

Did Capcom release a version of Pocket Fighter on the Wonderswan?

As I remember seeing it being played in a Street Fighter anime

I'd like to get one for Guilty Gear and Pocket Fighter, but i've never seen it PF anywhere ft:

Comment

ghouls and ghosts and pocket fighters are two very fine wonderswan titles and i think there is a castlevania game on the old wonderswan.

Great console (though not the most friendliest of import consoles due to the jap text heavy games) and a lack of 3rd party support really destroyed the machine!

Comment

Originally posted by spinpug666
                      Did Capcom release a version of Pocket Fighter on the Wonderswan?

As I remember seeing it being played in a Street Fighter anime

I'd like to get one for Guilty Gear and Pocket Fighter, but i've never seen it PF anywhere ft:
                      that was in sf alpha the movie when sakura is in the hospital!

Comment

I've got a gundam color and a swan crystal with a sweet Namco Golf game, Digimon, Final Fantasy 4 and a few others I cant remember the names of.

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger
                          Just got me a lovely WonderSwan, i dont see any WS posts here, there must be others who have one.
                          So where are you?
                          And what games do u have?
                          I've one.
                          Every Square title, chocobo-related ones aside.
                          And Super Robot Taisen compact 2 and 3.
                          And the Gundam text-adventure trilogy (not so bad indeed)

Comment

the version of tetris on the WS is really really good. Uses the screen vertically.

Comment

Not a great many decent WS titles is there?
                              Couldnt find a single playable 1, even in Akiba.
                              Not too many non RPG's on ebay either
                              Shame, its a cracking little console

Comment

Working...
                              X