The Thing on PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Thing on PS2

Seen this game quite cheap now, but can find hardly any info on it.

Is it any good, as a horror game...(if that is what it is, as I have heard it being called a team shooter?)

How does it compare to other horror titles out there?

Thanks for any opinions guys

I loved it.

Bought it on XBOX, and then got the PS2 version free for buying so much software from one indie shop.

Anyway, excellent game, with plenty of good points, such as having to deal with the fear of your squad, and the need to survive in the cold.

I played the xbox version mainly. Same as PS2 though.

Depends on what you thought of the film, Id put the film on my top 10 favourites, so Id be biased in favour of the game.

Nice set pieces too. Like controlling remote camera guns while your men are in another part of the complex, you have to fight monsters off them.

The problems people raise, such as iffy targeting, and the seemingly random implemenation of your crew turning into monsters I actually liked.
    If its cheap, it should be a problem.

The flame thrower becomes a lifesaver, but is double edges since as standard it fires onto the ground not at the enemy.

My main complaint was difficulty, it was very easy up until the last half hour, where it became ludicrously difficult.

If you liked the films, or survival horror in general, its quite fun.
    Not too scary, but has spooky moments, especially when your crew start acting crazy from fear.

You say its cheap, I say go for it.
    But be warned, my tastes are wierd to say the least, I ended up playing this more than Halo on xbox, so it shows what kind of mind Ive got.

Comment

Hardly find any info on it? Psht!

This site isn't just the forums, you know.

Comment

Working...
      X