Phonecall from Edge *scared*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phonecall from Edge *scared*

Hehe, misleading title to draw attention .

I had a phonecall from customer services at Future, asking questions about Edge. I swear I'd filled in almost exactly the same survey online or something, but anyway I had a few minutes to spare so I answered her questions, including "Do you think Edge is the gaming bible". I roffled at her . But yeah, not bad, she was a pleasant lady and I suppose it's good that they're carrying out this kind of thing which is blatantly because of the recent changes being made there.

Anybody else been contacted?

Do you think Edge is the gaming bible
    I knew they had ego's, but I'm amazed they asked you that!

Comment

Originally posted by ?pint
      "Do you think Edge is the gaming bible".
      Oh...dear...

Comment

Reminds me of someone at college who used to always be asking if people 'liked her'...

Comment

Originally posted by Square
          Reminds me of someone at college who used to always be asking if people 'liked her'...
          You're calling Edge a slapper? I, sir, am shocked!

Comment

I had her last week - nothing to write home about I'll tell you.

Comment

i had the same phonecall yesterday. The silly bint that called had no idea about how to pronounce anything though

also "do you think edge is at the cutting edge?" *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by 2097
                i had the same phonecall yesterday. The silly bint that called had no idea about how to pronounce anything though

They gave me five options to choose from to express how cutting it was...

Carving Knife
                Steak Knife
                Bread Knife
                Butter Knife
                Plastic Knife

Comment

i got a call, scared the crap outta me it did.

and they asked "do you think EDGE is the industry bible" to me

i tried to be positive whilst telling them to include more retro stuff as much as possible.

Comment

Industry bible my arse

Comment

Not at all.
                      To some extent.
                      Very much so.
                      Don't know.

Comment

Some funny questions you guys got asked, .

I don`t beleive Edge is the gaming bible or that such a thing could ever exist. I think in all our dreams a magazine would exist that could cater for extreme gamers, the people that are passionate about games more than anything else in life, sadly it seems impossible to make a mag that delivers, the closest we get is buying Edge and GamesTM, these two together have enough thrills to sustain enthusiasm for the industry.

Edge started of with great intentions and for a while it did seem to be the closest thing to a gaming bible, to me a t least. Sadly it has become mediocre over the past few years and rarely gives me the excited rush it once did.

Lets hope Edge returns to form and that it and GamesTM can battle it out for the prize of No1 games mag.

Comment

Originally posted by 2097
                          The mag is fast becoming a joke.

Comment

I got a call last night at around 9.00pm! from Future Publishing. I knew what it was going to be about after reading this thread yesterday.

The kind of questions he was asking were something like, "how often do you by Edge?" I answered, "all the time, I have every copy".

Then he asked, "when did you start reading Edge?" - "from the start, I have every copy!"

And, "do you still buy Edge?" - "Yes, I have every copy!".

Does anyone see a pattern here?

General feeling from the phone call though, was that the magazine is in trouble - i.e. not selling well!

One thing I did say when asked was that there's more advertising in it now than there ever used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Bydo
                              General feeling from the phone call though, was that the magazine is in trouble - i.e. not selling well!
                              ...and whoring itself to the mainstream isn't going to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X