Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ebay killings have you made? (The bragging thread pt2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ebay killings have you made? (The bragging thread pt2)

Blatantly similar to the other bragging thread. Tell us about the ridiculously-high prices you have managed to get for a game in an ebay auction.

I think my most surprising one has to be ?87 for the Saturn game, Kingdom-Granprix.

I also got ?55 for an N64 Expansion Pak once.

Any more?

Haven't sold anything for a long time apart from today. Got ?45.04 for Shenmue 2 Dreamcast PAL.

Comment

Haven't sold for a good 6 months now but I did sell a PAL Monster Rancher for ?69.99 on there

Made a killing on lots of PAL PSOne games back in the day

Comment

Haven't really sold much on eBay. I've picked up some bargains though. PAL Star Ocean 2 in nr mint nick for ?12.50 a couple years ago springs to mind

Comment

Never sold anything on ebay, but I've sold things on a swedish auction site called Tradera. Sonic Adventure 2 birthday thingie, which costs about 10$ is one of the things I sold. Got 1280:- for it which is almost 100? ^__^

Comment

Hmm, I haven't really sold anything for more than ?10/?15 more than market value.

Best bargain has to be a JPN white Virtua Stick(the one with arcade parts) for the Sega Saturn(and had been converted to work on PS1/PS2) for ?11.70 including recorded delivery, when it arrived the stamps totalled almost ?8

Comment

Most immediate item that springs to mind is BINing a copy of Ultima 2 for C64 for $20 and reselling it immediately for $125.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Clearing out a local arcade of all its arcade boards for a song and making back about ten times what I bought them for.

Oooh, I am naughty

Comment

Metal Slug for Saturn, ?71.

Basically got it free as it was part of a bundle which I sold on for the same price I bought it for.

Comment

Sold me second hand steel battalion (Pal) recently for ?170

Comment

Not exactly eBay related (at all, in fact), but I've been 'killed' so to speak. Traded in Falsei for the Neo Geo Pocket for ?17, only for the bloke I sold it to to mark it up at ?150. Turns out it was extremely rare... and then he said it wasn't his fault and refused to give me any more for it. Git.

Comment

Originally posted by martTM
                        Not exactly eBay related (at all, in fact), but I've been 'killed' so to speak. Traded in Falsei for the Neo Geo Pocket for ?17, only for the bloke I sold it to to mark it up at ?150. Turns out it was extremely rare... and then he said it wasn't his fault and refused to give me any more for it. Git.
                        Haha

I can't beleived you actually asked him for more because you underpriced it, I wouldn't have the cheek

Comment

I bought Mario Golf for the N64 in a video cassette box, with the cardboard N64 box inside the plastic cover to make up a really bad box replacement. It was bought from Blockbusters for ?1.99. When I sold the N64, I sold Mario Golf for ?53 on Ebay. Got loads of bids, and when I asked the winner why she paid so much, it was cos she couldn't find it anywhere. Quite a good profit!

Comment

Not game related but I mistakenly bought 2 copies of the latest Jean Michel Jarre Cd (don't laugh) just before christmas so I punted on of them on ebay. Paid ?7.99 shipped for it from play, went for ?28 + ?2 P+P to some guy in England.

I was going to bulk buy a load from play but didn't think my luck would hold out.

Comment

I sold a Cadillacs and Dinosaurs PCB, which I got for free as it was faulty.

Sold it on ebay for about ?90 to a French guy. It did say in the listing that it only booted up once in 20 attempts and that it was sold as it was. He gave me good feedback about a week later so maybe he managed to fix it.

That was just after Christmas when I was shhort of cash. 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X