Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will "24" be made into a videogame ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will "24" be made into a videogame ?

Surely it can't be far off (unless it's already in the pipeline and I missed it )

Great opportunity to make a great game from a great franchise.
    Only thing I fear are the letters "EA" (sends shudder down spine)

I can't see it working. 24's charm, apart from the amazing Ms Cuthbert, lies in the coronary inducing cliff hangers brought about the episodic form of the series. The final minute, when **** does **** or **** uses **** or ***** ***** ****. When you and your heart go "gah!" at another amazing revelation.

This would not translate well to a videogame I believe. Simply because you play it all in one go. There is no anticipation. Plus Bauer does stuff that couldn't be done in a single game. No way could you have the ability to shoot someone in the shoulder with a beanbag shotgun, cut off someone's head, fly a plane and then later, wall-run to break someone's neck. Well, not given current conservative control schemes.

Comment

Wasn't it called Metal Gear Solid? The first series anyway... silenced gun battles in offices, keycards with encrypted data hidden on them... conspiracies... traitors...

Comment

They could make it so you had to play for 24 hours straight in real time, with no saves or anything.
        Then players would know the 'endurance' Bauer goes through (no toilet breaks!).

Jack would have to do the 'boring' stuff like talk on the phone or drive from one place to the other or sit in his office high off his face on H (whoops.....season 3 giveaway, sorry).

Otherwise I can't see it working. They'd make it into a 3rd person shooter utterly nothing like the series at all.

Comment

24 levels

1 hour each

you have to survive for that 1 hour, complete some goal

could make a great game

Comment

Originally posted by Tom*
            Jack would have to do the 'boring' stuff like talk on the phone or drive from one place to the other or sit in his office high off his face on H (whoops.....season 3 giveaway, sorry).
            Thanks...

I haven't even seen the first episode yet and people are spoiling it for me

Comment

24 1 hour levels does sounds quite good.

Comment

Wouldnt it mean about 7 hours of cut scenes when Jack isnt in it?

Comment

Mabey you could play a different chrachter in each of the sub stories.

Comment

Thanks...

I haven't even seen the first episode yet and people are spoiling it for me
                    Actually now that I think about it, almost every TV guide preview on the new series for sky one mentions this as a major new element, and to be honest its not as big a thing as its made out, so its not really a spoiler as people should have heard it already!!

the new series is great though

Comment

Originally posted by Tom*
                      Actually now that I think about it, almost every TV guide preview on the new series for sky one mentions this as a major new element, and to be honest its not as big a thing as its made out, so its not really a spoiler as people should have heard it already!!
                      Word of advice: Never ever apply this argument to videogames. Some people deliberately avoid previews for sequels to popular games/franchises so it's a virginal experience.

Some people enjoy a game when they know nothing about the game. For example, I hadn't read a single review of Halo when I played it. Same for Goldeneye.

Comment

Crispin quote:
                        Word of advice: Never ever apply this argument to videogames. Some people deliberately avoid previews for sequels to popular games/franchises so it's a virginal experience.

Some people enjoy a game when they know nothing about the game. For example, I hadn't read a single review of Halo when I played it. Same for Goldeneye.
                        Well that's fair enough. Thanks for the tip.

However this isn't even a real game at this stage, and I doubt even if it was they'd put anything like that in.

Comment

Working...
                        X