Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo piece today - Your kind thoughts

Hi everyone.

I'm filing a piece to MCV today by 3.30 GMT talking about "what have we learned about Nintendo over the past week?"

If you have any thoughts on this or any links to any interesting quotes, please do let me know.

Many thanks, hope you all had a good weekend,

Stefan.

PS - You can email if you prefer [email protected]

What exactly have Nintendo done over the past week? As far as I'm aware they've done nothing, so I guess that is exactly what I've learnt.

Nothing.

Comment

I haven't really learned anything, but I did buy a GameCube if that helps?

Comment

Confusion is what came across mostly for me. Whether this is confusion straight from nintendo or just conflicting reports and interpretations from journalists and sources im not sure. Regardless, whispers and promises of nintendo unveilings always get me excited.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
          What exactly have Nintendo done over the past week? As far as I'm aware they've done nothing, so I guess that is exactly what I've learnt.

Nothing.
          The whole GameCube 2 at E3 2005 thing...?

Comment

Er... I completed Zelda: Wind Waker and came to the conclusion that Nintendo made the first half fantastic and then rushed the last half. I learnt that

Oh - there was the DS announcement I s'pose. Looked like the DS is almost a last-gasp effort to try and grab some kind of foothold. Maybe that shows that it has finally dawned on Nintendo that they are in the sticky stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyFamilyGaiden
              Nintendo need to make a more concrete announcement about the N5 given the amount of uncertainty.

... and given the developer comments on the DS last week, we wanna know what it has apart from an extra screen.

Comment

Yes indeed.
                Thanks a lot everyone. I'll see what Nintendo has to say...

Stefan.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                  Originally posted by HappyFamilyGaiden
                  Nintendo need to make a more concrete announcement about the N5 given the amount of uncertainty.

... and given the developer comments on the DS last week, we wanna know what it has apart from an extra screen.
                  I don't agree with that. There's no reason for Nintendo to tip their hand a year and a half before everyone else and give their competitors the jump on them. Last week was a damage control exercise brought on by a fictional story which negatively impacted their stock. The only reason they mentioned N5 in 05 was to debunk the nonsense being written about them dropping out of the market.

As for the Nintendo DS, it's only three and a bit months to E3 04. You swear they wanted people to wait three and a bit years.

I think if we've learned anything it?s that they are worried about the instability in the Japanese market and are aware of the fact that they are no longer seen as invincible. In previous generations an aloof Nintendo wouldn't have commented on such speculation, these days they go on red alert if anything at all crops up.

I think part of the story here is that the thinking inside the company has altered and that they are going to bet the farm on creativity with their upcoming products.

Comment

Baroque, I didn't mean that Nintendo should tell us those things (thats up to them), just that I wanted to know.

I'm sure Nintendo are doing the right thing for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Baroque
                      The only reason they mentioned N5 in 05 was to debunk the nonsense being written about them dropping out of the market.
                      I just finished the piece. Again, thanks for the help everyone. :-)

Just to let you know, Nintendo has now retracted the E3 2005 statement. This is official. Strange huh? They say that Minegawa didn't say anything of the sort.

I'm quite pleased with the piece, will be in this week's issue.

Stefan.

Comment

They've retracted the E3 05 statement?

Last week appears to have been a total mess.

Comment

EDIT:
                          forget it, I didnt see youd finished the piece.
                          Oh well. Either way, I liked that Yamauchi speach a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by revisedgenocide
                            Confusion is what came across mostly for me. Whether this is confusion straight from nintendo or just conflicting reports and interpretations from journalists and sources im not sure. Regardless, whispers and promises of nintendo unveilings always get me excited.
                            Yes that gamesindutry article is well worth a read for everyone.

Comment

I share the same opinion as a mainstream internet news site. Arent i stupid .

Comment

Working...
                              X