The joys of finding a game ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The joys of finding a game ....

After making up your mind to buy a particular title, you then go about buying it, looking back I should have ordered if off the net in time for delivery at the weekend, the game in question; Moto GP 2 for Xbox (new or used), this is how many places I visited to track down a "in stock" copy ...

Friday
    Ilford shops (where I work) GAME, Woolworths, Dixons, independent game store, Blockbuster

Sunday (Romford)
    GAME, MVC, Blockbuster, Gamestation, HMV, Woolworths, phoned Special Reserve Upminster & Chelmsford.

So 13 stores, then I finally found 2 used copies in GAME inside Debenhams. I know it's not the worlds best selling game (only 13,000+ people have registered scores on Live) and prehpas my timing was unlucky, but considering the game is less than 12 months old what a nightmare.

Moral of the story, order the game off the net from the luxury of your armchair. Anyone else had any longer searches for a "non-rare" game ?

Burnout2 for the GC just before Christmas in Reading.

Looked in _every_ shop and eventually found one copy behind some tat for ?39.99.

But I did notice that they also had five GC LAN adapters hidden away as well....

Comment

Like a lot of people here, it took an almost indecent amount of work to track down a PAL Psyvariar, getting blank looks everywhere I went.

Mobile Light Force 2 (the slightly crap PAL port of Shiki) took a lot of work, too, until I actually found it, in of all places Tesco, in a "2 for ?12" sale, which was a bit of a bargain.

Comment

yeah i too find it hard to understand why some really good games seem to just not be able to buy after they have been out for just a few month

shops dont seem to carry much range of stock

the worse system i find is the gameboy, big stores like virgin only seem to carry about 20 different gameboy games at any one time, when there must be about 50 decent titles that people would gladly buy

Comment

Try finding ICO.

I spent around ?35 quid on that when everywhere had sold out. Well worth it though.

Comment

^ aye. When I first picked up Ico just after its release there were plenty of copies about, but now I want to pick it up again I can't find the bugger in any shops whatsoever.

Even worse, it seems to be rapidly disappearing from online stores too! Pretty soon Ebay will be the only place to find the bloody thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Moodmon
              Try finding ICO.

I spent around ?35 quid on that when everywhere had sold out. Well worth it though.
              The CeX is Birmingham actually had two copies of that. Both the LE and standard one for ?20 at the weekend. But did they have a cheap copy of Jak and Daxter that I was looking for? No ft:

Comment

Same with Rez. It's been about a year since i've seen that in a shop here in Oxford, and even then it was a pre-owned copy that Game were selling for ?30

Comment

re: Psyvariar, while trying to boost an amazon order past ?25 for free delivery, I found it for ?10.99 (trying to be helpful here)!

Ikaruga on GC took me ages to find.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySteve
                    Same with Rez. It's been about a year since i've seen that in a shop here in Oxford, and even then it was a pre-owned copy that Game were selling for ?30
                    I did that, traded my Dreamcast copy of Rez for ?5 in against the PS2 version, much to my regret now. I remember it distinctly having a better soundtrack that just made the levels click into place more.

Now I can't find a DC copy anywhere on the highstreet.

Comment

I saw ICO not long ago by the till in Blockbusters. It was ?15 to buy, and I considered nabbing it despite lacking a PS2. But it was in such a bad state - the cardboard-sleeve cover thingy was totally ripped up and buggered. Haven't seen a copy since then. Probably never will.

Comment

In their January sale, game had loads of copies of Pal Psyvariar for ?10. I bought it, then took it back an hour later after seeing Gregory Horror Show in another branch of Game. Shouldn't have done though, GHS is boring .

Comment

I looked for the Street Fighter edition of the 10th aniversary Edge...everywhere, and this was in central London

I finally found it in the sketchiest little grimey corner shop down a dark back alley ever, 1 copy left

Comment

It is a bit bizzare what you can and cant find. I got ICO for ?10 or ?12 from CEX, Totenham Court Rd, London. It was near mint, the cardboard cover with all the postcards! Yet a couple of shelves over was Psyvariar for ?40, i told them it was ?12 on Amazon, but they didnt seem interested at all. Recently I've been trying to find Rez with no luck...

What gets me is places like HMV or Game seem to have huge stocks of peripherials on display, which take up an inordinate amount of room, yet you think you could trim down the display and show more games?

Comment

I bought Psyvarier direct from Xplosiv - ?12.99 brand new

This website is for sale! xplosiv.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, xplosiv.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Ikaruga was a bit of a sod to find on day of release also, but I will never part with my copy.

Comment

Working...
                              X