IGDA Developers Choice Awards - Nominations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IGDA Developers Choice Awards - Nominations

The nominations come from people like, erm, me. Hehe. I forget who chooses the winners tho.

Results are at GDC in a few weeks time.

I reckon these nominations are a much better reflection of last years games than the BAFTA's were.

Those nominations are ridiculously better than the BAFTAs. I'd go for POP and HK-47 for the first two. How can you judge an excellence in progamming award though?

Comment

I'd love to see BG&E pick up some awards, might make a few more people interested.

Comment

Still looks like a load of guff to me.

Why isn't Viewtiful in the Design category? No F-Zero GX?

Comment

I have only one response to this:

Akira Yamaoka for excellence in visual art direction? What?

I know he's part of the backbone that forms the Silent Hill team as a whole, but as far as I know, he has had nothing whatsoever to do with the art design in all three games. Yamaoka has always been responsible for the sound effects and music of the series - The aural identity underpinning Silent Hill's visual experience.

Surely he's in the wrong category?

I didn't think the IGDA would make a mistake of these proportions with it's awards.

Comment

I get to vote in this and I did. I picked KOTOR for game of the year and voted for Viewtiful Joe every chance I got and the SSX3 programming team.

For some strange reason I'm a member of IDGA and I have no idea why. Still these awards are infinitely cooler and better then the 1up.com awards.

Comment

Working...
            X