Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logitech Wheel owners - Something of interest for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech Wheel owners - Something of interest for you?

Hi all,

Hope I got the right forum for this!

Anyhow, just something I found on the net that should be of interest to all those Logitech Wheel owners (the PS2 one, GC one too I think)

Whilst browsing the Logitech site I found this little beauty:

A lovely little lap stand for the wheels, certainly makes life much easy for those without desks etc.

Works out at about ?19 all in, ships from Holland, though mine arrived very quickly (Ordered on the 22nd Feb, Arrived 25th Feb!).

Hope someone finds this info useful!

Cheers

Dave

I got one of those with in the box with my wheel Dave. GC version. It's no too bad but does tend to slip when FF comes into play. Expect it would be ok if you had thighs like Jordan though.

Comment

Got these with my GC wheels.

They're a right load of ****e though, you need to hold them between your thighs with a vice-like grip (and I don't have slender, ladyboy thighs) to stop them sliding about all over the place.

I've found that I have to be naked and slightly sweaty to get the maximum grip on these babbies.

Comment

Fairly sure the 'lap adaptor' is included with the Driving Force version (not the earlier GT Force version) of the PS2 wheel too .

Comment

I have the later GT force style wheel (the one with the gearstick - the official GT4 wheel) and it didn't come with a laprest (hence me ordering one).

I've not actually used it yet, but I've had a little look at it. It seems like it's going to suit me fine to be honest, certainly be more user friendly than the 'bolt wheel to board and rest on lap' set up I had before!

Does anyone else have the latest GT force wheel? It's definaltely a really nice bit of kit, really does fight you with it's feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Friction
            I have the later GT force style wheel (the one with the gearstick - the official GT4 wheel)
            Thats the Driving Force Pro.

Comment

I mostly use the lap adaptor. It tends to tip the wheel towards you a fair bit, but that's how I like it.

Comment

Definitely one in my Logitech Driving Force box, but it was second-hand (?25 from a Car Boot sale, ages ago).

Comment

I have the new GT4 wheel, and the lap adapter from the GC speedforce.

To be honest I would forget all about using it for the DF pro... the feedbcack on that wheel is much stronger, which is only going to make it even more awkward.

Comment

how much is it?

Bec ause if it more than 12.99 then you may as well get the GC wheel from HMV instead and swap between the wheels

Comment

I think he'd be lucky to find a GC wheel in HMV now, that ?12.99 offer started in early December and most shops had sold out within a week.

Comment

Oxford St HMVs have had more in since then though.

Comment

HMV have a healthy supply it seems.

They are always in and out of stock at bham

Comment

the one in mancs got them in - why should Ibuy one?

Comment

According to this thread, so you can use the lap adapter for your PS2 wheel

Comment

Working...
                              X