MechAssault 2 article in OXM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MechAssault 2 article in OXM

Wow! I just finished reading the lengthy article OXM has this month on MechAssault 2, and I have to say that it sounds fantastic! I love all the vehicle additions, from the Battle Armor, to the VTOLs, to the tanks. Plus, now you can jack enemy mechs?! I'm practically drooling at the online implications of all this.

For those who haven't read it, basically there are going to be loads of additions to the MechAssault sequel. Instead of just more mech on mech action, you'll get to also run around on foot, get in Battle Armor which will let you climb buildings and other mechs (as well as the hijacking I mentioned earlier), fly VTOL's that'll let you ferry supplies to your team mates, drop turrets, and even carry people in Battle Armor, and you also get to drive the new tanks. And all of this is changable on the fly, both in single player and in multiplayer. Sounds amazing. Day1, the devco, said there will be clan support for online play, and that is very cool as well.

The graphics look superb so far, and all the additional vehicles and potential game modes makes me salivate. I really can't wait to check it all out.

It'll be rubbish. Just like the last one.

Comment

-edited-

Comment

Shevek's Evil Twin

Posted: Sun Feb 29, 11:40 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It'll be rubbish. Just like the last one.

Gave alot of thought into that did you

I read the review, and yea it looks pretty good, even though the first one didn`t look that good at least it was easy to play on live .

Comment

An astute observation though, though somewhat unfounded. I genuinely hope the sequel improves on the original, after all slow sidestepping to victory isn't exactly "fun".

Comment

I thought Mech Assault was alright, nothing outstanding though. I found it odd they dumbed it down for the xbox, I really prefered the original pc ones, but it has made room for Capcoms mech games. I got the magazine and it does seem their focas is multiplayer & live, so I think I'm gonna give it a miss. For Live players though, it could well be a must have.

Comment

Working...
            X