I got KoF 2002 (Neo Geo AES) today :0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got KoF 2002 (Neo Geo AES) today :0

Postie made me sign for it this morning, and I tore off the packing like a little kid at Christmas ^_^

Was very close to calling-in sick so I could play it all day. Haven't played it yet, of course, so I will give you all some detailed impressions tomorrow. Al I can say so far is: the cover art is pretty bland, and nearly identical to 2001 -

The DC artwork has been far better, especially on 2001. There is no yellow 'warning' label beneath the cart sticker (as modern SNK releases had). The manual is full colour though, at last ^^

Roll-on tonight! Full impressions tomorrow.

You lucky git. My recent purchases have meant I cant really warrant spending a couple of hundred quid on one game. If you dont like it though I will take it off your hands for ?50

Comment

You lucky lucky thing

Hope the wrapping was substantial enough for you

Comment

Originally posted by MY HERO
        You lucky lucky thing

Hope the wrapping was substantial enough for you
        Just a bit
        Unwrapping that nearly made me late for work, and I now have tendonitis ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
          Al I can say so far is: the cover art is pretty bland, and nearly identical to 2001
          The artwork on the frontcover of KOF 2k1 for the DC was probably the worst I've seen on a Japanese release (that picture of Kula sitting down). The frontcover on that looks quite nice.

Hope you enjoy it mate, look forwards to your first impressions.

Lucky Ba.....

Comment

Really? I liked the Kula artwork loads. Seemed in keeping with old-skool SNK style 'characters in normal poses' art. This cover isn't awful, but it's practically identical to 2001, which is a bit poor, you have to admit :/

Comment

They made Kula look ugly, when I recieved 2k1 in the post it almost put me off playing it

almost

Yeah its bland, but I quite like the simple look it has to it. About time they stopped putting K' on the front cover though. How about a decent character like Vanessa

Comment

moved to discussion for a nice little debate about SNK, Playmore, and KOF

Hope it lives up to your expectations treble.

Comment

Nice - I look forward to your verdict Treb - whether it's a 98 beater or not

Comment

Cheers Rep - I wasn't sure where to put the thread, but this is a better place for it ^_^

Even though I have a K' Avatar, I get sick of his ubiquity as well =/
                    I'd like a Billy Kane cover, or something silly (but fun) like a Chang and Choi one. Failing that, a Capcom-esque mural of all the game characters would be nice.

8)

Comment

I don't post here any more but thought i'd say congrats to Treble. My team is Kyo, Vanessa and Clark. The game is a bit weird in that Billy has gone from being **** (98) to one of the best (2002) but overall it's good balance wise. KOF2002 is more of a Mugen effort than anything and they had better re-draw and re-design ALL the sprites for next time. It's a ****ing joke that Kim gets MOTW standard animation whilst Iori still looks and plays the same as he did in 95. They need to also take out jumping CD, it dominates matches these days sadly.

SNK is dead, KOF is not the exciting series it once was. The presence of Geese in KOF96 was awesome and the strikers really changed how the game was played (I liked them personally). The BGs and music in KOF2001/2 are really nothing special. I'm not saying KOF2002 is **** (it plays excellent which is what counts) but from a design POV it doesn't bring anything new. Hell, Orochi Chris looks like normal Chris when he's walking, so lazy. :/

Having said that, I played this more than VF4E whilst in Japan *shrugs*.

At the chara select screen do u,d,r,l,d,u,l,r to get Kusanagi who plays like pre-99 Kyo. Should work on the NGH version, this is from Arcadia magazine after all.

Have fun, if you want some challenges on KOF then you know the name and number.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidez
                        Thats because (as you told me), you were worried at getting owned at Evo

Comment

Originally posted by Tokuda
                          Originally posted by Sidez
                          Thats because (as you told me), you were worried at getting owned at Evo
                          I mainly play as the Bryants and they've changed way too much in Evo for me to compete in Akihabara. If it were still VF4 ver.C then i'd be able to do some damage but until then I have relearn EVERYTHING.

Comment

I don't post here any more but thought i'd say congrats to Treble.
                            Thanks Ade. And thanks for commenting in my article.

The game is a bit weird in that Billy has gone from being **** (98) to one of the best (2002) but overall it's good balance wise.
                            Heh heh. Yeah. Been playing it for all of half an hour and have noticed that.

KOF2002 is more of a Mugen effort than anything and they had better re-draw and re-design ALL the sprites for next time. It's a ****ing joke that Kim gets MOTW standard animation whilst Iori still looks and plays the same as he did in 95.
                            Yes, they should. We'll have to see about how far they push the mega boundary, though. Kim has a fair few frames more than reminiscent of Jae Hoon's....

The presence of Geese in KOF96 was awesome and the strikers really changed how the game was played (I liked them personally).
                            Geese 0wnz on so many levels. Why no appearance in a dream match??? The Strikers were at least a step towards something different. Still, 2k2 is a dream match, so maybe some sort of similar system will reappear in 2k3, eh?

At the chara select screen do u,d,r,l,d,u,l,r to get Kusanagi who plays like pre-99 Kyo. Should work on the NGH version, this is from Arcadia magazine after all.
                            Cheers, I'll give that a go. I'm also in the process of testing all the debug settings, so it might be possible that way as well.

Have fun, if you want some challenges on KOF then you know the name and number.
                            Well, not your number
                            Thanks for the offer. If I'm ever back down your way, I may well look you up. If we don't see you on here anymore, take care.

Comment

So has anyone been following the news of Dion and company with regards to Neo Geo Freaks?

I read up on there sordid little history when the initial lawsuit was serviced.

It was a terrific read

Video Game scandal, you've got to love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X