New Hitmaker game: Have they lost it?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Hitmaker game: Have they lost it?!

Good Lord, this looks highly amusing. For most entertainment, laugh at the picture in the About section, and view the commercial under CF.

Its on Naomi but don't hold your breath for a DC version

Although Kudos to Hitmaker for doing this: http://www.a-key.jp/

"The Key of Avalon" its called, and practically no-one in the western world gives two hoots at the moment. Its a big fat card trading RPG arcade thing, with the catch that you have actual cards that you insert into the machine to use in battle. Looks bloody great, I wonder if we'll ever see it here..

Quiz Show is interesting, as is Avalon (on TriForce, and that will be getting a Cube port...minus the actual cards...maybe). In any case, you are misinterpreting the Japanese arcade market if you think that Hitmaker have "lost it". Their arcade games make a **** load of cash.

Comment

I don't mean lost it as in making bad business dicisions, I mean lost it as in going bloody mad. You seen that bloke?! Brilliant.

And Avalon on Triforce? Cor

Comment

That quiz game looks brilliant!

Comment

This?

Comment

Didn't they do the Sports Jam arcade game? It had a similarly cheezy presenter who introduced each of the challenges.

Comment

Yeah, the idea seems totally wacky, and one that would make for a boring game. But that's what Crazy Taxi sounded like when I first hearrd/read about it, and it was a damn fun game. In the past Hitmaker have had a knack for taking a really lame idea and making it into an really enjoyable game. I think it's worth waiting to pass judgement on the game until you play it. Hopefully we'll be in for a good surprise.

Comment

Aye, the cabinet is a huge four player seperate setup though - each player gets a stand with a buzzer, then there is a huge screen and a rotating wheel. I want to play it!

Comment

Working...
                X