Under-Rated Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under-Rated Games

We've had over-rated so here's its mirror!

Advance Wars
    How on earth did this game NOT get GoTY. Im pretty sure its flawless. Great gameplay mechanics, I managed to get non strategy folk into it.

Chu-Chu Rocket (GBA)
    I'm pretty sure all non DC owning GBA owners dont see why this is so great...

I think Buffy is one of the most under-rated games, didn't seem to get the attention it deserved.

Comment

Ridge Racer V

Criminally underrated by po-faced magazines who were spitting their dummies in the dirt over the lack of Gran Turismo 2000 at launch and were hoping this would be a substitute.

So many gamers have missed out on this most pure example of arcade racing on any of the current consoles and that is a crime. Even I missed out for a good while until last years RRV Appreciation Thread.

You own a PS2? You NEED to have this game. No questions asked.

Comment

Jedi Outcast on the XBOX. Nice port that doesn't give me motion sickness.

Terminus. Open-ended space combat and trading in a persistent online universe, released simultaneously for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux. Coincidentally, by the same people that ported Jedi Outcast to the Cube and Box. No I don't work for them.

Serious Sam on the XBOX. Fast and stupid fun.

Sega in general, particularly on the Saturn, Dreamcast, and XBOX. Why can't they get any respect? Space Channel 5, Jet Set, mmmm, I love it.

Ridge V? Neat, but I need to play it with the voice off. "Looks like someone got too close for comm-fort!" and "whether they're veterans or rooooo-kies, they all deserve our respect" is too goofy for me. I'd prefer it were in Japanese. Maybe I should snag this again since it's bound to be wicked cheap.

Comment

Most dreamcast games you could care to name since imo the whole console was underated and overlooked

Comment

Ridge V? Neat, but I need to play it with the voice off. "Looks like someone got too close for comm-fort!" and "whether they're veterans or rooooo-kies, they all deserve our respect" is too goofy for me. I'd prefer it were in Japanese. Maybe I should snag this again since it's bound to be wicked cheap.
            Funnily enough, the producers plumped for an English commentary because they think our language is just so damn cool. God bless those Japanese! I love the voices. The radio mode is pure comedy. "Hey Pac! That's my stawberry!!" "Pac-Pac-a-Pac!"

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
              Ridge Racer V

Criminally underrated by po-faced magazines who were spitting their dummies in the dirt over the lack of Gran Turismo 2000 at launch and were hoping this would be a substitute.

So many gamers have missed out on this most pure example of arcade racing on any of the current consoles and that is a crime. Even I missed out for a good while until last years RRV Appreciation Thread.

Got this game Tuesday, cudn't agree more, not been so hooked to a racer in a while. I'd dismissed it coz of the aforementioned "po faced magz" and basically every1 callin it "Jaggy ****e" but it's now one of my fave PS2 games. Great Soundtrack, very modtro

Comment

Originally posted by Smeghead
                Ridge Racer V

Great Soundtrack, very modtro
                Do you speak Micra?

Comment

I agree with advance wars being underatted. Damn I love that game.

Yoshi's Island I felt was never really recognised and that game is amazing.

Parappa is just the greatest, most laid back fun game ever (cept for maybe nights).

Had a game strongly in mind but seem to have forgotten it. I'll be back when I can remember it.

Comment

Gitaroo Man!!
                    Kooky, Fun, AlmostBemani, and Hilarious!
                    Plus, it has near-guitars! Yay for sexy Uncle Albert!

Comment

I predict Wario Ware will become the next under rated game.

Comment

Ridge Racer V

I ordered RRV from Tronix this week Now my PS2 is multi region i decided to get it. The PAL version was disgustingly bordered/slowed os i refused to buy it until now.

I predict Wario Ware will become the next under rated game.
                        It had better not be, this game is near perfection!

Comment

Most underrated game of recent memory for me has to be Kung Fu Chaos on the xbox.

Critically panned in most major reviews for no real definitive reason yet its one of the most fun multiplayer party games I have played in recent years and the 70s kung fu style and humour is perfect.

Glad to see NTSC-UKs own review lays deserved appraisal on it and a decent score... sorry cant remember who reviewed it but excellent work.

Comment

Battlezone on the PC. Surely one of the most immersive games ever.

Comment

Rez, Pilotwings 64 and Ico are all massively underated games by the general gaming public. They all have cult status and enjoyed huge review scores but didn't sell in quantities of more than 10. Which is a shame when all that people will buy is "Fifa 2145, special November edition" or the 57th add on pack in the last week for the Sims....

Comment

Working...
                              X