Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamecube optical out mod WTF (o_o)

While browsing on yahoo auction japan i came across this

Looks like its a mod board to allow the gamecube to produce optical out. I have no idea how the board is installed in the gamecube and the auction mentions having to mod a digital av cable as well.

Found more info on this mod, it explains how to mod the av cable and how to install the board.

Unfortunately the page is in japanese.

Comment

Why would you want to do that? Clearer audio? It that case, it's pretty funky.

Comment

Everyone have a ganders at your US/PAL Super Monkey Ball 2 discs and box. You see the Dolby Digital logo? See it? You see your shiny Q with optical out? Remember how Ninty said developers could use it if they wanted?

I want to put two and two together but someone will flame me. You can bet your life on that.

Comment

You can see odd stuff like that all the time in a Japanese monthly mag called Game Lab. They tell you how to play copies and everything else from over clocking your console to encoding hi-quality DivX with the lowest possible file sizes. It's a great mag or book since it's so tinny for all of those who love to get the soldering iron out

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
          X