Were Amstrads any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salacious crumb
    I will find out what i've been missing!!

Anyone know the best emulator for Amstrads?

Found quite a few good games here: http://www.users.bigpond.com/winthrop/ams/cpcgame.htm
    I tested the emulator at the top of this page...

with the matchday II rom on the link that you posted, and it's all hunky dory. Sweet memories, Diamond Deflection System anyone?

Comment

*Smug Acorn mode activated*

The Electron and BBC were by far the enlightened choice of the 8bit scene!

They were the fine wines to your cheap beer and ciders.

Comment

Pah. You obviously never sampled the delights of Sugar's finest creation 8)

Comment

I'd recommend a turn based game called Rebelstar released by Firebird..it really was rather good (when it loaded).

Comment

Well I had an Amstrad CPC 464 with a gren screen and then updated it with a MP2 modulator in the mid 80's. It was great though and had the best conversion of Star Wars Vector grafix by a long way.

Roland in the Caves? yeah I remember that! well ard though, never got past level 3. Oh and Roland on the Ropes or Ghostbusters, LifeForce, Galatic Attack, but these days the look crap.

Comment

my 6128 is buried somewhere in my loft - with all my infocom games

It was great though and had the best conversion of Star Wars Vector grafix by a long way.
              surely the amiga version was the best - perfect port in every single way

camps

Comment

Yeah I forgot the Amstrad lacked a bit in the sound dept.

Comment

Working...
                X