Any SNES fixing experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any SNES fixing experts?

Bought one second hand, it does not power up (no light, no picture) but the power lead was hot after plugging it in (the big nintendo block thing in the middle). I cant find any other leads to test with either. Does anyone know what the problem could be or if this is a common problem?
    Cheers

If the power lead was hot, I imagine it's the actual console that's at fault. Something could have come loose inside it.
    If it was mine, I'd open her up and take a look, depending on how much you paid for it. It might be worth just having a play around...

Comment

If you are certain the the PSU is outputting the correct voltage the next step is the check the fuse inside the SNES.

Comment

Ah, well, fuse in the snes you say? I only tested the one in the plug, both console and power lead are PAL. I'd probably open it up and take a look around but its got the funny screws. Only paid a fiver with 11 carts so no big loss.

Comment

You'll need the tamperproof bit for the screws Nintendo use (usually called a Gamebit) Some online game site may stock them, RS component 100% certainly do.

The fuse is to the left of the cart port, well easy to replace.

Comment

Managed to get it apart. Tested with a voltage testing thingy, and the part after the switch shows 12v. Ive circled what looks like a big fuse to the left under the metal thing. Also it seems to have a crack on the top.

Here's the insides-

http://www.picturenotworking.com-try.../mor216506.jpg

Seems to be the problem, no?

ahem

Comment

Working...
            X