Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ouch - people are not happy! (Absolution)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch - people are not happy! (Absolution)

Ullysis Store Christmas Deals, Crocs OFF-WHITE Champion Reebok Sneaker/YSL Burberry/Pandora Swarovski Discount

It was last weekend, I didnt go cos I had things to smoke.

I stayed home - damn shame it didnt go smoothly.

Seems a shame though that the UK's supposedly best gaming competition should be so poorly run. I was away, but if I hadn't been I may have gone to watch at least (my Pai is too rusty for words).

Do you know the VF results? I've scanned around and found results for every other game but not the one I'm interested in.

Comment

I was there last saturday and these were the words that came into my head:

"Thank god I didn't entered."

Look out for an even better tournament soon. A certain few knows what i'm talking about.

Comment

I really cant be bothered to complain about the teefing rass tournament
        Rah!

For Pat to go on like that the brer must be S C R E W I N G !!! >_<
        It must have been awful having to work with Troc on an event like this tho, imagine Troc management actually co-operating and doing something useful!

Troc ****ed over the organisers with that location - the worst mistake is to try linking up with Troc, they are useless.

Comment

Yeah was total **** up, oragnisation etc.
          The japs brought their own engineers, and was a world of difference, they changed rom boards in seconds, butons and sticks changed, cleaned etc, I played on the a3 one they did, perfect .
          In comparisson vf machine done by troc staff stuck in the back, speakers broken from too much dust and neglect, and sticks bust because they wern't screwed in properly to begin with.

Comment

I arrived at about 1pm, apparently too late for the Super Turbo which I had been registered for despite the fact it had barely started (it was supposed to start at 11pm). So ended up standing around until about 7pm when the VF finally started. The venue was a ****ty storage room at the bottom of Troc near the toilets. No ventilation, dust everywhere and hotter than hell. People had brought their own TVs and consoles, the only thing the organisers provided were PS2-DC pad adaptors. There was about 5 TVs, one of which was black and white (!!). At the back were 4 versus cities. Before the event I was wondering where the money was going to (as ?15 a game is a lot of money), now i'd really like to know for reals. Apparently the event made ?7000 or so, so only about half of that went to prizes, what about the rest of the money and the money from 'sponsors'?? None of the TVs were rented, the venue was **** and there was only about a dozen chairs between over 100 people.

On saturday it finished at 11pm or so, yet the group stages on VF had not even been completed and finding out who the finalists were was like a real life Shenmue, asking around to find out who knows and constantly having to wait for the right time for the information to be made available. Utter ****ing mess. The event was announced in october last year yet this was the best they could do? I don't like tearing down somebody else's work but what a bunch of ****ing incompetants. Sure this was their free time but when you charge ?15 a game you had ****ing better get it right.

The whole thing was a pisstake. All the VF players were proper safe though. Some of the Third Strike players were complete children, people jumping to the top of the queue and towards the end a group of 3 people hogged the cabinet at the far end. One guy lost but stayed on, then lost again. He tried staying on again so I said excuse me, there are other people here also but he claimed this was a 'match' (it wasn't, our group had finished half an hour ago). Couldn't be bothered to deal with that **** so went back to VF.

Comment

It wasn't a pisstake, it was daylight robbery. I see what was done and I'm sorry I didn't like that.

BUT DON'T WORRY... Wait for the "HEAD2HEAD" event coming soon, its going to be awesome! Tournament and entertainment done RIGHT with girls together with sheer coolness!

Comment

Working...
              X