Gaming Ringtones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaming Ringtones

Thought I'd ask... does anyone actually use them? Which ones are the most popular? Does using one make you look like a nerd and do you really care, or are you secretly hoping that someone's ears will prick up when it goes off because they recognise the tune?

Also, a request - do you know where I can get a Zelda one for my Motorola V600 without running the risk of having my number cloned by some dodgy website? I'm after the Dark World theme, but I'll be buggered if I can find it anywhere...

I have the Billy Hatcher theme tune as my ringtone. It might mark me out as a nerd, but a) I don't mind, and b) everyone who's played the game and would know the tune is already recognisable by their angry facial twitches.

Thinking about it, I'd really like the Zelda chest-opening noise for text messages.

Comment

I want Speedball 2, and the ST music none of that rubbishy stuff.

But the ultimate would be the MGS codec bleep. One of the konami bods has that on his phone, it's on the DVD. Lucky git.

Comment

When I went to GDCE a couple of years ago I heard Shenmue's "Hip de Hop" more times than I care to imagine...

Comment

I've got the Ocarina Start up tune, and the Wind Waker one. It's awsome.

Also the classic Super Mario World tune.

Comment

I would love the phone ring tone from the CTU office in 24

Comment

I have Splash Wave from Outrun on mine, If you have a piece of **** Nokia that doesn't have the ability to play polyphonic tones like mine then you can get a bunch of decent stuff from here http://arcadetones.emuunlim.com/

Comment

Unfortunately, mine's a polyphonic jobbie. I've found Dark World in a couple of places, but there's no way I'm paying $29.99 for a membership just to get one tone. That's just stupid...

Comment

I used to have Le Chuck's theme as my ringtone. Bloody catchy it was, too!

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
                    I would love the phone ring tone from the CTU office in 24
                    Ditto to that

Comment

there was a recent thread either on here or over at rllmuk (I can't remember) with a link to the 24 CTU ringtone. Try searching for it....

I just need to get a new phone then it's mine

Comment

At the moment i've got one of the tunes from Gradius 2, Sonic The Hedgehog Title and Greenhill Zone.

I usually change them every couple of weeks.

All the files are in .mid format...simply download the file direct to your phone using WAP any you're away.

I don't see why using one makes you look like a nerd...surely if someone recognizes it then they are probably a nerd too. Besides anythings got to better than the usual chart music rubbish that everyone else has.

Comment

where can i get mario ringtones free for my nokia3510, and a motorolla e365

Comment

Originally posted by numel loves you
                            I have the Billy Hatcher theme tune as my ringtone. It might mark me out as a nerd, but a) I don't mind, and b) everyone who's played the game and would know the tune is already recognisable by their angry facial twitches.
                            Me too. I'm a masochist.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimoto
                              www.vgmusic.com

All the files are in .mid format...simply download the file direct to your phone using WAP any you're away.
                              Grrr... tried that, but my phone's WAP won't connect. Something about the requested entry being too big. Damn. And they had everything I wanted too... shouldn't there be a special WAP address ending in .wml or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X