Unlocking stuff in SC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlocking stuff in SC2

OK. so I've had this game a few days, and have completed arcade with all the normal characters (Xianghua twice) and extra arcade with Xianghua and Ivy, and I don't appear to have unlocked that much stuff. I read somewhere about time releases, where after 10 days or so some characters automatically become unlocked. Is this true? If so, that would suck big time. You're not doing any real work, there is no real sense of achievement there. Does anyone else agree? How do you get access to the extra characters and stages in arcade and extra arcade? I am really hoping that you don't have to go through weapon master mode as I have no understanding of japanese whatsoever. Oh, and can anyone tell me whether Seung Mina is a secret character? I've heard differing reports.

Yeah Seung Mina is in there. And yes, almost all stuff is unlocked in Weapons Master mode. Not understanding Japanese is practically no barrier to playing it... just a few stages you have to work out how to beat the opponent...
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

goto www.gamefaqs.com and somewhere on there is a guide to weapon master so you can find out what you are meant to be doing on each level

i am having the same problem at the moment , MUST learn japanese

Comment

Galaxy mate

From the sounds of it, you haven`t been playing the weapons master (quest mode). You unlock most things in the game through this.

Comment

I have to admit I have been quite disappointed with the unlockables so far. Loads of weapons to keep me happy, nothing wrong there, but I wasn?t too impressed with how easily and quickly I got all the secrete characters. I think it was within less then 20minutes. That imo isn't how it should be. I should have been really put to work to get them.

Furthermore I am hoping there is more artwork to be unlocked. So far I have three galleries some of which with only a hand full of pieces of art. These are of course fantastic, and it sounds as though I am being ungrateful asking for more, but with the immense quantity and quality of the artwork in SC I cannot help but want more. I assume there are loads more to unlock?

Also, how many arenas are there? I think I have obtained about 4, I cannot remember the exact number but it isn?t too many, can someone please give an exact figure?

Take care all.
          Adam
          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

How do i unlock the extra stages? They're the only things i'm really bothered about. Unless you can unlock Sophitia as a playable char

Comment

She is, isn't she?? (sorry, i am not good with names)

Simply just go through the weapon quest, everything like that is unlocked from there from my experience.
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
                I have to admit I have been quite disappointed with the unlockables so far. Loads of weapons to keep me happy, nothing wrong there, but I wasn?t too impressed with how easily and quickly I got all the secrete characters. I think it was within less then 20minutes. That imo isn't how it should be. I should have been really put to work to get them.
                Fair point Ad, but the reason they have done this is because some of the unlockable characters were essential characters from the first game (liek Sueng Mina). Characters of this nature have to be easily unlockable.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
                  Also, how many arenas are there? I think I have obtained about 4, I cannot remember the exact number but it isn?t too many, can someone please give an exact figure?
                  4 or 5 I think... at least one is unlocked through earning it rather than buying. All I need now is to earn some more money to buy the rest of the weapons, beaten all stages at least twice now
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                  X