No announcement yet.

Q: Do you keep old magazines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I stopped buying mags after the demise of DC-UK (with the exception of the occasional "official" mag I've bought for a particular demo), I've still got everything I ever bought up to that point, from the late 80s days of Zzap64 all the way to Sega Saturn Magazine. I'd never get rid of them, simply because of the nostalgic feeling; but given that I've recently been feeling that's not a good thing, I'm glad that I haven't got even more mags to find a home for.

Comment

Thinking about it, I wish I'd kept my Mean Machines collection - now that was a great mag.

Comment

Yep i keep all my old mags...don't buy to many now tho

But i have space for them and sometimes they make great re-reads...so i just keep em'.

Comment

I was clearing out old magazines on Saturday but didn't have the heart to throw all of them out, last time I threw out a stack of old CVGs (the ones with the cheats on cheap ass paper) Super Plays & Mean Machines and regretted doing so.

I still have a couple of issues of Maximum which was one of the best games mags I've had the pleasure of reading, does anyone know how many issues of this were published before they stopped printing it?.

Comment

I've got a big draw full of N64 since issue 01 which I used to go back and read the various features because they were always entertaining in the early days of that mag. Its quite funny to see they gave Street Fighter 2/1 odds of coming out on the N64. I also like reading classic reviews of games like goldeneye or OOT or Turok 2 (which they gave 96%?!?).

But I don't really read them anymore so I might chuck em out unless anyone wants to buy 'em...

Comment

Originally posted by charlie angel
              Thinking about it, I wish I'd kept my Mean Machines collection - now that was a great mag.
              Yep I still got my copies of Mean Machines...Man I loved that mag!

Comment

Mean Machines.... those were the days

I recently sold all mine off last year though. But for those that still have it check out issue 11 Tips page.

The 2 pages spread on Duck Tales for the NES is me - when I was 12 or something

I have ONM from issue one (which came with a free Gameboy clock key chain which I still have somewhere up to around issue 20 or so with the few odd issues here and there. Looking to sell em all off mind since I'm running out of room to store them.

Also I have the 1st 2 yrs of N64 mag, 1st 21 issues of Super Play, 1st yr of CUBE and most of Famitsu CUBE + ADVANCE.

But I myself hardly buy a video gaming mag anymore - last one I bought was the final issue of OPM

Comment

I keep mine, which is precisely why I only ever buy one regular magazine a time.

I've got old issues of Edge, N64 magazine, ACE (remember that?) and Zzap! 64, as well as odd issues of mags I've bought on irregular occasions over they years like C+VG, Games TM and Arcade.

I had to throw out a lot of old Zzap!64s a few years ago - it felt as though I was throwing away part of my childhood.

I wouldn't throw games mags out now, it makes more sense to pass them on. There's always someone who'll appreciate them.

Comment

I recently binned a load of magazines going back to 82 - took three car loads. I kept a few copies of Zzap 64 and Crash magazine though. They were taking up so much room and I rarely ever used them for reference.

I have this "I might need it at some point" outlook, so it took a bit of convincing myself to do it. I hoard all sorts of things I could probably chuck away.

Regards
                    Marty

Comment

I've kept hold of all my Edge and GamesTM issues.

I've only one complete collection which is Official Sega Saturn Magaine. I loved reading richard leadbetter and crews flood of enthusiasm for games and especially their unrelenting push on importing games.

I have all except the first 2 issues of Offical Sega Magazine before the change to OSSM.

I've kept most of the free stuff as well, like a fold out Sonic 3 1st stage chart, virtua fighter 2 postcards and all that.

Great times.

My uncle has a complete set of Superplays as well. I can now see why he turned into a anime nut. The magazine turned him.

Comment

I always keep the magazines I've bought, only my mother (when I was still living at my parents place) my mother threw away all my Zzap 64/amiga magazines
                        But all other I've bought (CU Amiga, old CVG's, Ultimate future games, EDGE, etc etc....) I still have at home. And I will never get rid of them, I love to once in a while look through some of the old mag's.

Comment

Ah I have kept all my DC mags, esp ODM, which I really felt was the best offical mag to ever come out.

Its just sad when I look at some of them and reminsce about times gone by...

Comment

Don't throw it out, sell it on ebay you could make some money. I made about 36 quids for selling all EDGE, Games TM and Edge Retro Issue 1 which is enough to pay for Ninja Gaiden and a budget game

Comment

I used to horde every games magazine going; from Zapp64, mean machines, super play, sega saturn mags, DC ones, edge, etc. Then i felt that it was incredibly sad and that they had little value. the fact that id spent 1000's of pounds on somthing that depreciated the moment i brought it was too much to bare. Also, my cupboards were collapsing and i just decided to grow up and get a life rather than become a sad hermit devoting my life to such a thing. Anyways i aint brought a games mag, in fact any magazine in like 2 - 2.5 years. i was very pleased with myself in kicking the terrible habbit. I have kept the more memorable issue however. Sega saturn magazine will never die! too much love within thems pages!

Comment

Originally posted by charlie angel
                                ahh those were the days. I only keep Edge and Gamestm cus they just appeal to me more than most mags. I chucked all my other old games mags years ago, i find Edge particurlarly good to look at back issue F355 on the Arcade for example. I do imagine them becoming a bit much tho after a bit i have frm issue 65 of Edge but frm 1 or 27 that is a big pile of magazines .

Comment

Working...
                                X