Late to the party: I just got a GBA SP! :o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late to the party: I just got a GBA SP! :o

My first handheld console since my brick-sized green Gameboy.

I've been wanting one for a while, but never really thought there was any point as I barely have any 'waiting around' moments where I'd play it - but due to a bit of travelling I'll be doing this Summer, I decided to bite the bullet and buy one so today I did.

Before I did, having being out of the loop for so long though (since the last handheld game I purchased was Killer Instinct!) I browsed the NTSC-uk reviews and made a mental note of interesting sounding games.
    And I'm glad I did - I ended up buying a GBA SP with Zero Mission, Superstar Saga, Advance Wars 2 (even though I wanted 1) and Mario Bros 3.
    I was tempted by the Rare games but heard they weren't really that replayable. Also I didn't see Mario World or I would've snapped that up for pure nostalgia.

Funny thing about Zero Mission, though, was they were all stuck with 'coming soon' stickers apart from one which had a 29.99 one, and when I was asked if I needed any help by someone who must've been on his first day because he was so enthusiastic on a Monday, I pointed it out - remembering Boogaloo's post about playing it 3 times or something... anyway, he checked the release list and it wasn't on there, so he went the the back room and they (Game) actually had them, so I was well chuffed when he handed me the cellophane-wrapped box.

Anyway, dunno why I decided to post this, 'guess just thanks to NTSC, its forum members and stuff.

Excellent - let me know how you get on with Zero Mission. It's by far my favourite game of the year so far - it does everything that Super Metroid did, but far, far classier. Best remake since Biohazard.

I seem to prefer handheld gaming these days. It's so much easier to just stick the GBA on for ten minutes while you drop the kids off at the pool than have a quick round of VF4Evo, for example. Perhaps it's the loading times, perhaps it's the fact that save points in handheld games are far closer together, making them perfect for "pick up and play" type games. Who cares? I ****ing love my GBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Boogaloo
      Excellent - let me know how you get on with Zero Mission. It's by far my favourite game of the year so far - it does everything that Super Metroid did, but far, far classier.
      But you never feel like you're exploring anything, it's so linear!

Comment

I've had one for about 2 months now. Picked it up on one of those GAME deal of the days for ?29.99 but I still haven't bought any games for it.

Too many PC and GC games been taking up my time lately.

Comment

Working...
        X