X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First ACTUAL Pic of the DS

Here you go....

It's not man

They swiped that image off that newspaper article - this is an artists impression rather than the finished product.

Comment

Really? Bugger! Cex are usually very reliable with their stories as well

Comment

US Today posted this with a few details concerning it. Sounds very interesting.

The actual pic of Mario Kart is intriguing too. If it is genuine then it will be great to have a new Mario Kart (one that resembles Mario Kart 64 graphically ) on (well 'IN') our hands. Cant wait for the actual unveiling though?

edit. Ah. so it is a fake? heh. Fair dos. Looking forwrad to the unveiling even more now
        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

So hope you're correct.
          Have seen this pic. on a couple of sites and to be honest its a design with no imagination. Will be shocked if this is the best Nintendo can come up with. If nothing else the PSP concept model that been going round in cyberspace for months now should have been a warning shot. A good example of design, now I'm not saying it would be any good to actually play with, in it's current form, but hey it's got sex appeal with a capital S.

Looking forward to both the DS & Sony's PSP.

Comment

This is exactly how I pictured the DS and I bet the finished article won't be far off (hopefully). I must admit I hate that PSP concept design doing the rounds.

The most interesting aspect of hte article (ignoring the pic) is the facts they state which sound very true and include one of the games involving baby mario falling from the sky and you having to draw clouds with the stylus to catch him.

Also, whether this be worth anything or not I don't know, Gamefaqs have some hidden game pages for the DS. If you do a search on Gamefaqs for games with the words DS in the title you get -

DS Metroid Prime Hunters
            DS Picto-Chat
            DS Super Mario 4 x 4
            WarioWare Inc. DS

And they are all listed under the presently non existent "DS" section of the site.

Comment

People jumped on the fact that the picture was credited to Nintendo, but that's probably just down to the Mario Kart shots used in the mock.

I like the way CEX have plastered their logo all over it. Wankers.

Comment

To be honest if anyone doesn't like this pic I don't know what you expected? I'm fully prepared for this to be the proper pic.

Nintendo WANT publicity for todays conference so have given that pic which is close to the final version to the American media to release on the morning before the conference. Then at the conference they can show off all the games, functions and specs.

I could be wrong, but I expect and hope for the DS to look a bit like that. The only thing that does cross your mind is how easy it would be to play using a stylus when its a handheld system with a bit of width.

I also believe that it will play GBA games. When Nintendo stated it would be a third pillar I think they were talking in game terms rather than hardware terms. Developers will now make GC games, Straight handheld GBA games and dual screen handheld games. The GBA games will run on the DS, but if you don't want the bulkier DS or like that style of play, you can buy a proce dropped GBA for normal handheld games.

Comment

Originally posted by jiroczech
                  I like the way CEX have plastered their logo all over it. Wankers.
                  Why are they wankers for putting their own logo on a pic hosted on their site? Its a common occurence on the web these days?

I know the people who are responsible for the content on that site and I think what you just said was quite uncalled for.

Comment

Well, I wouldn`t call the winkers for doing it, but I guess I also get fed up wth the website plasters logo over graphic that they`ve nicked from somewhere else hoping that people hope they`re the source of the exclusive type thing..

Anyhow, they`ve downloaded an image from USA Today, changed the background in a sort of a naff way and said it`s seeped onto the net. Fair enough, but what about namechecking the people you`ve nicked it from? Also it`s more than likely it`s a mockup from somewhere so taking a flier that it`s the final thing seems a little silly. basically if it`s someone elses work it`s a little unfair not to credit them for it.

Comment

I think this might be actual design, you know... it does actually look quite good. And it's got all the hallmarks of that designer guy who took over after Gunpei Yoko, can't remember his name.

In fact I'm going to put all my cards on the table and say that this is the real design. If it is, do I win the sweepstakes?

Comment

If that's the actual design, why's it got four facia buttons? I thought it was pretty much confirmed that the DS was only having two.

Comment

Back in Feb I read that Nintendo had 2 prototypes - One with 2 buttons, one with 4. I think that this IS one of the designs, but the actual number of buttons will be revealed in...7 hours.

Comment

This is the kind of design that i expected, however i think it looks like one of those cheap LCD games i am sad to say. Nintendo can do better.

Comment

It won't be as wide...

Comment

Working...
                              X