Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone gonna buy this new KOF 2001 joystick for the PS2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone gonna buy this new KOF 2001 joystick for the PS2?

I'm interested but not 100% convinced.

The King of Fighters 2001 Arcade Stick for PlayStation 2Arcade style fighting stickLimited to 5000pcs onlyWhile specifically designed for THE KING OF FIGHTERS series, the Arcade Stick is compatible with most video games. It offers the same weighty grip, control and full button layout of an actual arcade joystick, bringing arcade-style game play home. Thoroughly tested, the Arcade Stick has an ergonomic design, a turbo feature for shoot ‘em up style games and an advanced macro programmable function

Whoever buys it please makes your comments here!

Nuby = crappy ****.

The multi console SCII one they made for the US market was absolute ****e, according to what I heard.

Comment

It looks like a rebranded version of those rubbish Nuby SCII sticks. I think this is one to avoid.

Original thread on the Nuby SCII stick:

Comment

Absolute yuck.

And it's a typical yankee style joystick!

I think I will definitely give this one a miss!

Comment

I have it: it's... okay.

Build quality is a bit naff; had to repair it on second day of use, but I only paid a tenner for anyhoo. I think it looks nice (in a meretricious way).

Better than my Logic 3 PS2 stick, anyway, but that's not hard. I need cheapness!

Comment

Pulling off (meeeowww!) super specials is a chore on it too (in CvsSNK2 anyway).

Comment

I've got the Hori Real Arcade Pro on order

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono
                I've got the Hori Real Arcade Pro on order
                Yeah, I saw that one and was tempted to get it...
                HORI Real Arcade Pro Stick for PlayStation 2Arcade style controllerExtre large action buttonsWeight: 2600g

...but decided against buying it so I got your old SCII one instead

I would appreciate it if you wrote a review of the Arcade Pro when you get it, especially how the stick feels compared to the SCII one. The price put me off when I didn't even know if the stick is any better.

Edit: btw has anyone tried this one at all?
                Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

I was a bit sceptical about all the adjustable button speed & analogue buttons. Can you switch them to digital mode? Also is the stick any better than the SCII one?
                Last edited by kona; 26-07-2004, 17:39.

Comment

Originally posted by kona
                  Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

I was a bit sceptical about all the adjustable button speed & analogue buttons. Can you switch them to digital mode? Also is the stick any better than the SCII one?
                  from looking at the pictures on the stick's site (http://www.hori.ne.jp/products/ps2/c...st2/index.html), there does seem to be a mode switch on the top right of it. Perhaps that coupled with the button sensitivity option just 'emulates' an analogue button press? This is all guesswork, mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X