Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirty Pikey Chav scum hit E3 :(

Taken from IGN.com

May 14, 2004 - As reported today on Gamesradar, two unidentified people attending E3 yesterday made off with the demo code for Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. The one-level demo has been on display at Sony and Konami's booths.

According to reports, the two thieves, believed to be young men between 19-20 years old, cracked the case protecting the demo PS2 and leaned against the unit until they were able to eject the disc. They then made a mad dash for the doors.

The LAPD are currently investigating the situation, though details about the perpetrators are still unknown. We've heard no official comment from Konami, Sony, or the Los Angeles Convention Center so far, but we'll keep you updated with developments as they come in.

I'm sure everyone will be good citizens and abstain from downloading that when it appears.

Comment

E3 is the Christmas in May, which makes this almost as bad as stealing prezzies from under someone?s tree

Comment

Ahh big deal, they stole a 1 level demo. It would probably have been packaged with some ****ty game anyway to try and generate more sales for said ****ty game.

It's not like it will affect the development like stealing the HL2 code did.

I just wish they had got a Halo 2 disc

Comment

Good on them, if they want it that bad and are a prepared to do that then go for it. The nerds.

Comment

Pikey chav scum?? i thought you was gunna report that arrival of EA

Comment

The bastards, why couldn't they have stolen Halo 2?

I doubt one level of MGS is guna do much, it's not like when the source code got stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by yashiro
                I'm sure everyone will be good citizens and abstain from downloading that when it appears.
                Hopefully all the comments in the decompiled source are in very hard Hiragana Japanese :-)

I would lookout for the disc on eBay US over the next week. I'm sure the code, even in binary state, is of interest to rival developers.

Comment

I could have made off with Killzone if I wanted too The online machine I was using completely ****ed up so they had to take the disk out. The guy held the disk up right in my face showing me how scratched it was

Comment

haha ace, hope it gets delayed like craplife 2

Comment

anyone remember last year when they stole Nintendos Screen and Speakers for the gamecube?

Now what ever happened to Nintendo releasing them anyway?

Comment

Ah, nothing like a stolen/leaked code story to hype a game.

Comment

OMG! I best not play this and spoil the plot!!!

Comment

If you do, I'll feed you to the horse you wacked off earlier ;p

Comment

Damn it, just when I was getting that image out of my head too

Comment

Working...
                              X