This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campaign for VU0 utilisation

Now that 60 Hz mode is included by default on most games and after the success of the fairplay campaign with budget titles available on most consoles perhaps now is the time to start a campaign encouraging the use of Vector Unit 0 on PS2.

Perhaps we could encourage magazines to include a comment that VU0 is used extensively in a game or perhaps a badge on the box.

As a PS2 gamer playing Colin McRae rally 2 with it's constant pop ups cannot be tolerated especially when compared to the VU0 enabled game WRC 2 Extreme.

Originally posted by FreeStephen
    Now that 60 Hz mode is included by default on most games
    Erm...it is?
    Many major releases get it, but alot of the niche titles don't I've got a fair few Xbox games that are 50hz only inc stuff like Morrowind, I think I want 60hz as standard before I care about pop up in rally games

It's sorta like saying all PS2 titles with AA should have a logo on as well, tbh you'll always get developers who can't b arsed to go to the effort of doing that, particularly if theres a rival console manufacturer wanting to line your pockets to ensure they get the technically superior version of a game.

Comment

You'll get 1 sig mate, yours.

If through constant pampering from Sony and years of trial and error programming developers haven't sussed out the parallel nature of the PS2 pipeline, your petition won't.

Try and ask for something realistic, like world peace.

Comment

I take my hat off to you FreeStephen. Your posts are some of the least amusing and most ill informed I've ever seen. I guess the rumours of you being an EDGE legend are true. Keep up the good work..

Comment

A persistent case of SARS that boy.

...Sad, Angry Reaction to Sony.

Comment

Indeed. Never before have I seen such blatent, desperate trolling for attention since that time Gari dropped his trousers in that nursing home and drew eyes on his "part" with a magic marker and paraded up and down shouting "Snakes are people too! Fight the power!"

Stop it or be cast into the pit of bannage!

Comment

Originally posted by yashiro
              I guess the rumours of you being an EDGE legend are true. Keep up the good work..
              Yes, I remember FreeStephen, and FreeStephen2, FreeStephen3, FreeStephen4 etc.. etc...

Comment

Sorry, I'm too busy campaigning for better use of the 4th texture layer on the XBox GPU. I find games that don't always use multiples of 4 texture layers per poly don't show the full potential of NVidia's pipeline.

Comment

It's very easy to notice the games that use the VU0. Metal Gear Solid 2 made extensive use of VU0 which was one of the reasons other platforms had difficulty coping with it, same with Gran Turismo, WRC 2 Extreme and Jak & Daxter.

It's essential to see which PS2 games make use of this technology so we don't end out buying generic codemaster's style products.

Comment

I think there should be more good gameplay and graphics in games. Let's have a petition so that developers have to make good games and that on the box it has to say 'good game' or '**** game' depending on whether it is or not.

Supply pressed american meats.

Comment

Did I leap into a parallel universe where the FairPlay campaign was a success?

oh boy...

8)

Comment

I'd rather they focussed on making the games fun ~_~?

Comment

Originally posted by Smeghead
                          Originally posted by FreeStephen
                          Now that 60 Hz mode is included by default on most games
                          Erm...it is?
                          Many major releases get it, but alot of the niche titles don't I've got a fair few Xbox games that are 50hz only inc stuff like Morrowind, I think I want 60hz as standard before I care about pop up in rally games
                          Hmm. How can that be? 50hz/60hz refresh rate on the XBox isn't suppiled by software code, it's hardware based. Meaning that in theory all games on the XBox should be able to run in 50hz or 60hz depending on your system settings. Every game I've played thus far has ran in 60hz when I put the machine in PAL60.

And virtually every Nintendo GameCube release these days has an option for 60hz...

The only console still rooted in the backwater of 50hz programming and skank PAL conversions appears to be the PS2. Most of the games on release for that platform still simply don't offer any option to switch to 60hz, and when they do, it's only in NTSC format.

Meaning those with older PAL televisions or a lack of RGB get a black and white picture.

Comment

*sigh*

FreeStephen, this is an utterly ridiculous thread.

Comment

Working...
                            X