game shops in Amsterdam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

game shops in Amsterdam?

I`m not just going to buy console games, but in between touring the museums I may have a quick look .

anyone know of any?

I didn't see any last time I was there, there are a few chain store type places (Freerecordshop) that knock out DVD's, CD's & games but they were daft prices compared to t'internet.

TBH getting back to my hotel after a few "coffees" whilst avoiding drug addled hobos and crack dealers proved enough of a game for me.

Oooh, while you're there if you like steak it's well worth searching out the Argentinian Steak House, I can't remember the exact name but it's the only one in the city - best steak I've had outside of America.
    Last edited by SuperBrother; 21-05-2004, 14:19.

Comment

Jump on the Train to Tilburg, then you can visit Foregames. The only import games shop in the whole of Holland (and you think Im joking....).

Shopify provides a reliable Ecommerce platform so you focus on selling online! Integrated hosting, shopping cart and Ecommerce payment solution all in one!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2
        I`m not just going to buy console games, but in between touring the museums I may have a quick look .

anyone know of any?
        Yeah there is one really good one. Almost like a musem, since they sell a lot of retro consoles. It's near the Central train station, near the (pretty cool) cd-shop Boudisque. It was called "de Platenkoning", but since they don't sell "platen" (albums) anymore they renamed it to Game Over or something. They sell a ****load of consoles. Mostly retro, but also some current gen stuff. I've been planning on going there myself again sometime next week. They really have almost everything... from Neo Geo AES to MSX to Sega Saturn. Sometimes a bit pricey (they buy a lot from Ebay and try to get some profit from it in the shop), but definatly worth checking out.

URL: http://www.platenkoning.com/games.html

Comment

Originally posted by Xhorder
          Yeah there is one really good one. Almost like a musem, since they sell a lot of retro consoles. It's near the Central train station, near the (pretty cool) cd-shop Boudisque. It was called "de Platenkoning", but since they don't sell "platen" (albums) anymore they renamed it to Game Over or something. They sell a ****load of consoles. Mostly retro, but also some current gen stuff. I've been planning on going there myself again sometime next week. They really have almost everything... from Neo Geo AES to MSX to Sega Saturn. Sometimes a bit pricey (they buy a lot from Ebay and try to get some profit from it in the shop), but definatly worth checking out.

Yeah, I picked up Samurai Shodown 2 for NGPC which I played for the rest of my stay in teh 'dam last January.

I'm going again in a couple of weeks so I'll bob in for a mosey.

Comment

Originally posted by Xhorder

Always fun to pay a visit

@MD: That's nonsense. I don't claim we have a lot of import gameshops, but most certainly not just 1 in Tilburg. Cities like Rotterdam, Utrecht, Groningen, Apeldoorn, Enschede have import gameshops. Haarlem is pretty close to Amsterdam, so you could check out Digifan (www.digifan.nl). There's also a comic store right across the street there as well as the usual chain stores

Odly enough, Amsterdam indeed doesn't have a real typical gameshops. You'd just have to do it with chain electronic/entertainment/toy stores/warehouses like Free Record Shop, Dixons, Bart Smit, Intertoys, FAME, E-Plaza, V&D, Bijenkorf which doesn't sell import.

Comment

Working...
            X