Gameboy Player questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gameboy Player questions.

I'm planning on getting one of these little beauties but need some help first.

I've got a Jap GC that has been modded to play US games only (ie no switch fitted, just bridged the gap), so I need to know which version to go for.

Is there a difference between the Jap and US Players?

Anyone got the Jap one and tried it out on a switchable GC in US mode?

Also, what's the US release date?

Thanks in advance.

1) No hardware difference, but the bootdisc is rgion locked.

2) Not personally, but I'm pretty sure I've seen people on here with that combination.

3) http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categorie...p?pf_id=233034
    Pre-Order: Ships on 6/23/2003

Comment

if you've got a freeloader then get the jap one as it can boot the disc that comes with the gameboy player

Comment

Thanks guys.

The US one it is then (too lazy to use my Action Replay to boot the Jap one ).

Comment

You'll only be able to get it in black though if get a US or a PAL one.

Comment

Originally posted by MrDark
            You'll only be able to get it in black though if get a US or a PAL one.
            WTH, the purple GC was released in the US wasn't it? Along with the Spice and Platinum models. ft:

Comment

In the US they are only releasing in Black. The Japanese version comes in Black, Purple, Orange and Platinum Silver.

Comment

I've got a Platinum GBP for my modded Jap Black GC. Mine has the switch though so I just flick it between regions. Its a good little system, even has resolution settings...though only 3 options. But its true. Get the US one and you can only have Black.

Comment

Working...
                X