RTS on the DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTS on the DC

Does anyone know of a decent RTS game on the DC?

The only game I know of is Conflict Zone but it looks a bit 'ho hum'!

Hundred Swords?

Comment

My Japanese may not be up to that one! Looks good though, might track it down all the same. Any other suggestions anyone?

Comment

The DC hasn't got any good RTS.

Try Total Annihilation for the PC. It sells for practically nothing, runs on old PC's and plays much faster than the stuff from Blizzard and Westwood.

If you must have console RTS try Megalomania or Herzog Zwei for the MD. Both are timeless classics.

Comment

Herzog Zwei!

What a game, I hadn't thought of it in years. That game is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Molloy
            The DC hasn't got any good RTS.

Try Total Annihilation for the PC. It sells for practically nothing, runs on old PC's and plays much faster than the stuff from Blizzard and Westwood.

If you must have console RTS try Megalomania or Herzog Zwei for the MD. Both are timeless classics.
            Total Annihilation is a must if you have a PC For me it's still the standard that I judge everything else against, and many RTS games still haven't bettered it.

Comment

My Japanese may not be up to that one! Looks good though, might track it down all the same.
              IIRC, there's a US version. Have a look on www.vgmuseum.com. I would, but I'm at work, and it has hella popups.

Comment

The only DC RTS that got a Western release is Conflict Zone

Unless you count ChuChu Rocket

Comment

Someone I know recommended Rampart. It's for Arcade and SNES. I've been meaning to try that for a while now.

Like Edam I can't praise Total Annihilation enough. While the graphics aren't the newest the gameplay is as fresh as the day it was released. It doesn't have any of the limitations that one usually associates with the genre and just lets you go crazy. 10 player games with 500 units per side are spectacular fun.

Comment

Starcraft is a quality game on the PC, they released it on US N64 if thats any use to you , im useless aint i

Comment

General Chaos on the Mega Drive?

Comment

Picked up Total Annihilation over the w/e for a fiver It works fine on my work laptop so I'll have to sneak that home everyday now!!
                        Thanks for the advice everyone.

Comment

Working...
                        X