taking a Psone to japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taking a Psone to japan

I have just come to the Uk for my annual holiday(ie stock up on Haribos to take back to japan) When i picked up my Psone( the small one) from my mums.I know the voltage in japan is less than in the uk but does anyone know if it will work??I already use stuff like electric razors through a adapter(just changes the pins not voltage i think) so maybe the psone will work??

Anyway info will be good i wanna play ff7 again so......

you could take it but you would need a stepup transformer to up the voltage from 110v (japan) to 240v what the psone would need for it to work. also if its pal one you might have compatiblity problem with the tv signal ?

Comment

mmmmmm maybe??
      In that case does anyone know if there is any sort of Boot disc(like on DC)?
      That would enable me to play the game on the jp psone.Otherwise its FF7 along with "Kanji can be easy book"(which BTW is aload of bullsh*t,kanji will never be easy !!)
      thanks

Comment

I have this thing in the back of my ps, it's like a cartridge, it plugs into the parallel port (later psones didn't have these). So if you have a parallel port, you could invest in one of these cartridges, they are predominately cheat cartridges, but you can do the swap trick simply with them, all you need is an original jpn title, your import title, and a bit of blue tack or a spring to push the button in the back right of the disc holder down.

Comment

i think u need to chip it or get hold of that boot disc for playstation was it ps-x change or something ?

Comment

Originally posted by stroppa
            I have this thing in the back of my ps, it's like a cartridge, it plugs into the parallel port (later psones didn't have these). So if you have a parallel port, you could invest in one of these cartridges, they are predominately cheat cartridges, but you can do the swap trick simply with them, all you need is an original jpn title, your import title, and a bit of blue tack or a spring to push the button in the back right of the disc holder down.
            Thats what I use to do, but with newer models you can get a boot disc

Comment

No, I believe you guys are wrong. Step-ups are mega expensive and also not required, for this reason. The UK PSOne adaptor takes in 220-240v and outputs 7.5v, which then goes into the back of the PSOne, therefore you just need to buy a PSOne adaptor in Japan, because that will take in 120v and output the required 7.5v. The power rating's on the pin side of the plug, just make sure it outputs 7.5v and your PSOne won't blow up.
              You're like to have more problem getting the PAL signal to work than you are getting the thing powered, so make sure you have a PAL compatible TV in Japan.

Comment

you could always try plugging your UK power supply plug into the japan socket and see what will happen. It won't blow it up as it's only 110V. But yes, it should be easy to go to Laox and get a new PSone power supply. Swap discs are available to buy, or just look on Kazaa for the image.

Comment

Working...
                X