Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64DD buying

Hmm, 64DD *gargle*

N64 then, probably my fave console. Having recently aquired another NTSC unit, I fancy a 64DD to go with it... a few Q's then

Q. Best place to buy? I've had a look on eBay, nowt on there at the mo but I have seen them before now.

Q. How "complete" should a unit be? I couldn't think of another way to put this >_< You know like a 32x which needs half a dozen leads to hook the thing up, is it like that or just a basic unit with PSU??

Q. How much should I be looking to pay?

Q. Games? The F-Zero X addon being the one I'm after the unit for, anything else worth a go?

Go!

I was looking at one yesterday on ebay,it was either with hit-japan or rabitds.
    Ill have a quick look and get the link.
    Nick

2 there.
    Last edited by Pavey; 25-06-2004, 08:00.

Comment

There are two releases of the 64DD out there: one with just the 64DD unit (blue box), and the second (more common) where they bundled the Randnet deal in with a disk and modem (yellow box).

There are 9 programs for the 64DD, and quite often you see 7 of these bundled with the unit when being sold (as all of them were fairly easy to track down). I paid $300 for that about 2-3 years ago, but I have seen them going for more than that on eBay.

The other two are very hard to find because they were only available via mailorder in Japan and limited to 3000 units - Doshin 2 (based on some sort of Japanese exhibition) and Nippon Pro Tour Golf 64. Expect to pay $150-200 each for them should you find them.

As for the F-Zero Expansion Kit, it's the best program you can get for it and well worth it if you're a fan of F-Zero X. It adds 2 new cups to proceedings (both harder than any course in F-Zero X or GX) besides the ship and track editor. Only consideration is that you will need the Japanese version of the cart to get it to link.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Cool, ta for that. Yea, it's mainly 'cos of the F-Zero X stuff; I love that game I must've missed worldwide search in my eBay query

Well pricey though, I expected maybe around the $300 mark but I'll have a think about that second auction.

What's Sim City '64 then? Port of the original or something else (2000 related?)

Comment

Not sure to be honest, it's over the original but not quite as detailed as 2000. Hard to play because it's all in Japanese of course. Shown in 3D at least however...

Comment

Wasn't AC bought out for the DD?

I swear i've seen boxart for it somewhere

Comment

Marklar, must be worth starting a Wanted topic for one, you never know someone here might be selling one

Comment

Darkangel: Animal Crossing/Doubutsu no Mori is out on the standard N64, not DD

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
                  Marklar, must be worth starting a Wanted topic for one, you never know someone here might be selling one
                  Nobody ever helps me out with my wanted topics, 'cept maybe Super Monkey Balls You don't have one, do you?!

Comment

no, you know I'd sell it to you if I did

Comment

If it's any consolation, I did see about 3 N64 DD packages when I was in Tokyo, were around ?150 to ?200 each. I walked past them though as I have no interest in the N64...

Comment

The 64DD dosent need any additional cables as it draws all the power it needs from the N64. The only other thing you need is the memory expansion pak as it wont work without it.

I picked up my 64DD bundle from ebay it set me back $500 if i remember correctly but it was 100% brand new & everything was sealed plus it came with some promo randnet member stuff as well.

Sim city is pretty cool not only can you walk round your city in 3d, also you can draw people to add to your city using the mario artist paint studio disk.

here's a few pics to tide you over till you get one (^_^)

Here is the bonus stuff i got.. a copy of the Doshin fan book, a randnet games pouch, couple of postcards sent out to randnet members & a stack of randnet fan newsletters sent to randnet members.

Comment

Check:

- Customary MD post about relative cheapness of stuff in Japan/side swipe at Nintendo or their machines...
                          - Importaku's crazy Nintendo-ness postings; top stuff.

Not too bad a price I suppose on eBay then, I'm still mulling it over... Sim City sounds cool

Comment

The Randnet package as featured comes with the memory upgrade too. Not sure if the first release did or not. Missing from the photo are the two rare 64DD titles btw. I got some of that stuff myself when I bought one, but not the pouch for example.

EDIT: The two rare ones are actually on eBay at the moment. Horribly overpriced but at least you can see them

Last edited by Mayhem; 26-06-2004, 12:18.

Comment

never seen those before Mayhem, thanks, buy it now prices are astronomical (about ?650 for the pair), wonder what the reserve's are ?

Comment

Working...
                              X