japanese style joystick recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

japanese style joystick recommendation?

I have the dreamcast joystick but i find the stick too loose........

does anyone know how to tighten it up??

alternatively......... does anyone know of a better stick?? i had a look at x-arcade but they only got the double version for UK and tehy dun do the ball stick controller........

I was also thinking of getting the SC2 hori stick but i was scared that the stick maybe loose?? any idea on this one??

The DC arcade stick is good, if only the stick was tighter it wld have been like in the arcade = )

What machine do you want this stick for?

Comment

I have the dreamcast joystick but i find the stick too loose........
      I know what you mean, i thought the same at first, but after a few hours use now i think it's the best joystick money can buy. Excellent for shooters

BTW. It's exactly the same joystick and feel as used in the sega astro city japanese arcdae cabs, and astro city cabs were used in the Arcadia world fighting game tounament in japan, so the best fighting/shooter players in the world use 'em

Check out the joysticks on the new sit-down naomi cabs in the oxford street arcade, exactly the same

Comment

I will be honest, and say I never noticed that the DC stick felt loose, but the SC2 stick feels about the same (maybe slightly looser).

Comment

Whatever you do STAY AWAY from X-Arcade. They are total rubbish ft:

Comment

Think you can replace the little spring inside with a stiffer one. Ask Saurian as he has modded the spring on his DC stick.

Comment

Originally posted by yashiro
              What machine do you want this stick for?
              errr.....
              i think playstation, that way i cld always get an adaptor to us on any machine.
              actually, id probably use it on my DC most of the time...

hm... think ill go open the stick again just to see how its constructed.....
              i tend to remember the sticks in arcades are normally a bit tighter....
              i dunno, just cant get use to the loosness......

i like my stuff stiff

Comment

Originally posted by Plow King
                Ask Saurian as he has modded the spring on his DC stick.
                He's loosened his to make beat em up moves easier - I have a DC one and the stick is far too stiff - makes some moves awkward.

I have an SC2 stick for PS2 and the stick is really loose - its fantastic - makes performing moves a breeze.

Comment

I just picked up a sleh-0004 that's a fantastic stick, to say i's 7 years old.

Comment

The whole point of a good arcade stick is a very loose stick with little travel - that is what makes the DC arcade stick as good as it is! This makes precision movements on shoot em ups and beat em ups so much easier as you dont have to apply any force.

I've got a DC stick that I find awful (too tight) I'll be GLAD to swap ya!

Comment

How does changing the spring affect travel? It affects how much force you have to apply to make the joystick contact the microswitch underneath surely?

If you want to affect travel you will have to change the size of the contact part on the joystick shaft i.e, a bigger shaft part means less movement before the microswitch is pressed. IIRC correctly, Saurian super glued a rubber band aroiund the shaft part to make travel smaller.

Any chance of some pics of your joystick internals Saurian? Might help explain things a bit better.

Comment

Working...
                      X