Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 RGB Scart Question

Hi,

I just bought a PS2 RGB lead for my new Asian PS2. It was a lead from Game, but inside it was a Blaze RGB lead. Not the new green lead, but a silver one with seperate audio outs and a switch to change between RGB and composite (to avoid green screen on DVDs).

The trouble is, it doesn't work . I get sound, but no picture on my 21" Sony. Now the TV is recognising that an RGB signal is coming through, because it changes to the AV1 channel automatically, but there is no picture, it's just black.

Now I read in another post on these forums that some of these Blaze leads have no voltage to pin 16. Is this what could be causing the problem? The lead doesn't work when switched to composite either, I still get just sound.

The PS2 is set to RGB and the standard composite lead that comes with it works fine.

Will another lead work okay or is my PS2 b0rked?

I bet you the lead has no connection to pin16

Blaze are terrible - I feel they buy any old cables, repackage them and sell them on at higher prices. You need to bridge pin8 to pin16 with a 75ohm resistor.
    I seriously recommend getting hold of one of the new transparent blue cables - they are cheap 3rd party cables that are re-packaged with DVD remotes now. They are wicked for the price! (I used to get them for ?4 - now they are ?15 )

Comment

So what you are saying is that it's the lead and not my PS2. I'm glad, as I would have a lot of trouble taking it back to Singapore .

I've ordered one of those new leads from gamplay for a tenner. Hopefully it will be here soon, playing Psyvariar in composite is an absolute nightmare .

Comment

Working...
      X