Gameworks question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gameworks question

What games are on Yu Suzuki Gameworks? and is it worth getting?

Hey mate,

On the disc there is :

Hang-On
    Space Harrier
    OutRun
    After Burner 2
    PowerDrift

So very worth getting. As for whether its worth it or not, well you obviously wont be able to read the book if you cant read japanese, but its a very nice book with cool pictures, and well worth having in the collection

Comment

thanks mate, may have to speak to a certain Tokuda

Comment

I know its an old thread but I thought I'd bump it instead of start a new one

Are the games faithful conversions and what's the book like? Is the package wort ?35?

Geezer

Comment

Definitely worth ?35.

Book is in Jap but is lovely hardback with loads of pictures. The games are direct ports.

My only issue with the games is their lack of support for rumble and also save game to save the high scores.

Powerdrift really needs rumble.

Comment

The Out-Run port is the same as the one in Shenmue II. ie: the Testarossa has been replaced by an F50. ft:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono
              Definitely worth ?35.

Book is in Jap but is lovely hardback with loads of pictures. The games are direct ports.

My only issue with the games is their lack of support for rumble and also save game to save the high scores.

Powerdrift really needs rumble.
              Thanks for the reply. I'm mainly interested as I've always been a Sega fan and it's a slice of Sega's history. Also, I've somehow managed to have never played Space Harrier, After Burner 2 and PowerDrift

Originally posted by Kubrick
              The Out-Run port is the same as the one in Shenmue II. ie: the Testarossa has been replaced by an F50. ft:
              Bugger, why did they bother

Comment

Other problems include, lack of options in any game apart from Hang On (it also lacks a demo mode too), this means that you can't change anything, so games have one skill level (and your stuck with the Japanese courses in Outrun too....) and major graphical changes in Outrun.

If you can I would get the Saturn versions of all these games as they are better in every way.

But the book is worth ?35, just the games feel a bit stuck on the disc...

Comment

Working...
                X