New PS2's and Mod chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Aqua is GORGEOUS tho man!

I'm seriously feeling that more than the silver one!

Comment

Great stuff, I cant wait to feel the love

Cant wait to get stuck into Psyvariar, watch the high scores roll in

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
        Reading about it, I thought pre-v1.30 Messiah2s worked with V8 machines fine apart from DVD-R rips?
        When you say "DVD-R rips", do you mean 1:1 copies on DVD-R media? Or do you mean DVD rips on CDR? The new 090 BIOS in the V8 machines does checks that reject all and any DVD-R (as in recordable) discs, not DVD rips recorded on CDR. If you chip a V8 with a pre v1.30 Messiah 2, it will do everything a normal Messiah 2 does, except DVD-R. It is a specific anti-piracy measure, as although it rejects DVD-R copies of games, it will happily play a DVD-R movie. The code change in this latest Messiah 2 revision is specifically to defeat DVD-R protection. However, a few people are happy to chip their V8 with an old Messiah 2, as they only plan to play original imports.

As far as DVD Rips go, they should be avoided completely anyway. They often have a lot of missing audio, video, downsampled cutscenes and so on. And since the availability on the net of those DVD Rip kit programs, amateur coders are doing their own "rips" with really shoddy file structure on the disc, that make the PS2 laser have to work many times harder than it should and will wear it out a lot quicker...

Comment

Working...
        X