Xbox / PS2 Vga solutions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox / PS2 Vga solutions?

Hi I recently got a vga adaptor box for DC and it works a dream. It means I can also sneak my DC into work and hook it up to my monitor on those *ahem* quieter days. Now I have a US Xbox and a Jap PS 2 that I would love to hook up to a monitor. I have seen many solutions but nothing seems problem free. Does anyone know the best way to do this?
    Thanks

You need a component prog scan to vga adaptor for the xbox, they're a little pricey. There is a 'redant' model that does the job on lik-sang I think. You also need games that support prog scan.

There is an equivalent vga adaptor for the PS2 from blaze, but very few PS2 games support prog scan. It comes with a boot disk that forces more games to boot in prog scan mode, but only a comparative handful.

... or you could get an up-scan converter than would work with both. These have normally been very pricey and not great, but someone on these boards (NeilMcRae ?) was raving about one he'd bought recently.

Funnily enough, simplest after the DC is the GameCube, with the majority of NTSC (but not PAL) games supporting prog scan. A hacked prog scan cable that gives vga costs only about ?50.

Comment

for xbox you could get one from digital-x.de or from KGasper. search these on the net and you will find out. these transcoders are better than redant VGA box. the redant one is only a line doubler, you won't like it i guarantee you that. if you want DC VGA quality display, go for KGasper or digital-x transcoder, they are best in the market. they will be perfect on your US xbox. better get the external VGA from KGasper as it is compatible with progressive scan games on the GC and it supports 480p and 720p, digital-x only does 480p but its enough.

as for the PS2, yes blaze has one, but in my experience, its not that good though. i noticed some flaw with their VGA box. i don't like it, but if you want you can try it out.

Comment

Working...
      X