Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valuation thread - how much is ***** worth?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's more a case of essentially giving it away rather than binning it. Binning it is practically a crime!

Comment

Personally I like to haggle but it's generally what I would pay for an item and no more and if the price is good then I offer asking

For this I would give more because I know it's worth more and I know the seller has set this so it doesn't get binned, even at ?100 someone is still getting a bargain and helping out especially when it's likely to get broken up and sold on for teh monezzzz

But each to their own but good to see others agree

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
        It's a catch 22, they will throw it the bin in a few weeks, I can't split it and basically i'm told either get someone to collect or it's in the bin.

I didn't expect them to move, and I live abroad...

I suppose if there was a trusted person here they could ebay the lot and we could split the profit 50/50.
        Cant they take it to a charity shop, rather than binning it? My local barnados has a section for retro items/antiques and the stuff is priced well to make money for the charity. I think most of them can collect too if mobility is a problem.

Comment

Got a bunch of PMs, I will put the job lot on the trading boards.

Comment

I have a load of untested items which I was going to gradually mod and sell, but have decided that I really don't have the spare time at the moment with university and other things going on, so thought I'd just get rid of them as a lot. There's potentially quite a bit of value in there, but as mentioned it is untested (bought as "junk" from Japan, so chances are most if it is fine, but I don't want to run the risk of selling the more valuable pieces as working on eBay). What do you reckon I should be asking for this lot?

- Silver Gamecube with matching Game Boy Player (no leads)
            - Indigo Gamecube with matching Game Boy Player (no leads)
            - "White" Saturn with matching controller
            - Wireless Saturn controller and receiver
            - Bomberman Saturn controller
            - Grey Saturn controller
            - Orange Gamecube controller
            - Indigo/Clear Gamecube controller
            - Purple Game Boy Pocket (works most of the time, I think the power switch may be slightly faulty)
            - Blue DMG-001 Game Boy (screen in poor condition)
            - Saturn 4MB RAM carts x2
            - Dreamcast VMUs x5
            - Dreamcast Rumble Pack
            - Virtual Boy Tetris
            - PC Engine PD-11 Wireless controller receiver
            - N64 Transfer Pack x2
            - Dreamcast 3rd party 4MB memory cards x3
            - Super Famicom controller
            - Super Famicom Super Game Boy
            - Mega Drive wireless controller receiver
            - Dreamcast Lightgun
            - Various Japanese Music CDs, some of which are apparently worth ?10+, but I've no idea how long they'd take to sell.

Comment

Anyone know what a Japanese copy of Cotton for the NGPC is worth?

Comment

I have the halo 3 legendary edition, the outer sleeve for the box has a slight tear but the rest is in good condition. The helmet looks new and the game and essentials are still wrapped. Would ?70ish be fair?

Comment

A Blue 3DS XL? Can get 85 credit at game which seems pretty good or would I be able to shift it for more? What're these worth these days?

Comment

Got a sealed, never before opened, Ni No Kuni wizards edition. Never got round to repurchasing a PS3 to play it and right now I'd like the money to fund some purchases that I'll most likely never actually play but feel better about owning compared with a limited edition I am unlikely to appreciate.

So the question is, what kind of value would you guys put to it?

edit : Also got an official PSP extended battery, again its sealed as I've never actually taken the PSP out of the house since I bought the battery. I think it also has a couple of battery compartment covers but would need to double check. How much is that worth?
                    Last edited by Adrock; 24-10-2014, 12:28.

Comment

Can anyone give me a rough idea of the going price for a PAL, modded Saturn? Potentially buying one off a mate, and want to know how much to give him so he gets a good deal as well as me. Not sure if it's boxed, but I do know it's region free and has the 50/60hz switch.

Any rough ballparks would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I'd say ?40-45

I had trouble selling a pal machine last year that was in top condition and had similar mods.

Think I sold it for ?30.

On another not, what's a clean JPN PC engine Core Graphix (blue), with original pad, psu and av lead worth?

Comment

?50 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by ridgeracer View Post
                            On another not, what's a clean JPN PC engine Core Graphix (blue), with original pad, psu and av lead worth?
                            Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            ?50 or so.
                            I'd say the same as Speedy more on Ebay though

Comment

Originally posted by ridgeracer View Post
                              I'd say ?40-45

I had trouble selling a pal machine last year that was in top condition and had similar mods.

Think I sold it for ?30.

That's really good to know, thanks for the help mate.

Comment

How much is the Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition (PAL GameCube) worth? I have a spare copy, you see...

Comment

Working...
                                X