Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valuation thread - how much is ***** worth?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks very clean indeed, I think you'd get near top dollar for an ungraded card if they're like that.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      That looks very clean indeed, I think you'd get near top dollar for an ungraded card if they're like that.
      gonna check them all tomorrow as i have the day off and make a list of damage, not sure if to just concentrate on all the holos or all the cards in the set for damage check i'm assuming the non holo stuff goes for peanuts? As much as i was a huge pokemon fan back in the day i lost most of my knowledge when it comes to collecting nowadays. Have a feeling i may get way more if i split the base set up as i looked at prices for charizard & man they are all over the place obvs graded ones going for a mint but some for £100 some for several.

Comment

I think uncommon and common would be up to £2ish. Rares could be a bit more than that. But yeah a step down from the holo stuff certainly.

Comment

Remembered i have somewhere the japanese vending machine set the ones that were sold stuck to large sheets in sets of 4 that you peeled off like the corocoro promo cards and they had glossy fronts.

LOL i'm super lazy i wish this was going to be an easy task but i guess if i want that money before the pandemic pokemon bubble bursts i have to pull my finger out and put the work in it might help pay off a bit of my visa debt or pick me up a retrotink 5x hehe

Comment

I think while prices are certainly still up there they've come down a good amount since last year. Especially earlier this year basically all collectables were through the roof. I'd say a 5X Pro is a worthwhile cause though!

Comment

yeah since that 5x was released along with all those scanline mode updates it has killed my desire for the ps1 digital kit especially when it resolution switches so fast. been trying to get one for the last few months but they always go on sale when i can't use my pc last month i was stuck gowned up the lab at work so i couldn't even sneak out & use my phone and try when they went live. I hope i'll get lucky at some point, if i can use some of these cards to pay for it all the better, lets face it they aren't exactly doing anything for me now as i never look at them all my other trading card collections are looked at frequently.

Comment

Found more these were from the 1st mcdonalds pokemon packs, sadly these were banded up so the top card which was a charmander has a small dent & line crease on the top where the rubber band dug in but i have multiples of some of them and all the rest are like new

They all have little mcdonalds logos to show they were from the mcdonalds set

Comment

How much is a GBA-SP AGS-101 worth?

Slight hitch; it's in the shell of an AGS-001. I got it years ago from someone who said the old casing was broken, so he used a 001 case to replace it - but it's definitely an AGS-101 screen etc. It's not in the best condition, but it works in all the ways that matter.

Comment

Difficult one this.

For validation of being an actual 101 it might be worth popping the back shell off, the 101 used a different board to the 001. But then considering the condition north of £80 I'd say - at least. I've seen some fetching some nuts prices on eBay, but the shell swap may work against you value wise.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      Difficult one this.

For validation of being an actual 101 it might be worth popping the back shell off, the 101 used a different board to the 001. But then considering the condition north of £80 I'd say - at least. I've seen some fetching some nuts prices on eBay, but the shell swap may work against you value wise.
                      It's definitely a 101. I've had it since before people were doing IPS screen mods; that kind of thing just didn't exist at the time.

Comment

If I was in the position of wanting to buy I'd want to know, only reason I mentioned it. Of course people may just take "backlit SP" at face value and not question further.
                        Last edited by speedlolita; 19-10-2021, 14:31.

Comment

Anyone up to speed on the market for dev consoles?

I have a well loved PS2 test kit that I want to sell (and replace with a modded PS2 slim since it is much quieter). The console is in good condition and I've had no problems with it. The disk tray makes a bit of noise when it opens and closes and when it is open, the slightest touch makes it close so you have to be quick when switching games.

Anyone have any idea what a good price for this is? Looking at recent sales on eBay, a couple went for approx £180 and one went for £299. I'm going to assume £180 is the most likely price.
                          Last edited by chopemon; 21-12-2021, 13:29. Reason: Fixed typo

Comment

Around there seems about right to me certainly.

Comment

Fantastic, cheers!

Comment

Anyone know anything about Xbox 360 prototype controllers? I have one of the very earliest ones That was given to me by a developer that used to work at a company that shall rEmAin nameless.

It looks like this (not my image) and is apparently from 2003-2005. Ebay has been useless in trying to find a price, anyone got any ideas?

Last edited by chopemon; 28-12-2021, 22:04. Reason: Removed broken image

Comment

Working...
                                X