Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valuation thread - how much is ***** worth?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kubrick
    You could buy them by the barrowload a few years ago for about $5 each, but the price seems to have crept back up for them. Maybe ?10-15 if it's close to mint.
    i got mine from Play-asia for ?14 shipped from Hong Kong with a fecking great huge sonic statue

Comment

I've been out of touch with AES prices for the past few months. What's a complete set of US AES slugs worth (1,2,3,4,5 & X)?

Comment

Originally posted by nec
        I paid just over ?8 from kiismyass-bay (UK) last week. With spine. One on there now for under a tenner with a couple of days to go
        thanks for that.. i won Shin Shinobi Den complete with spine last night for ?6.07, so that'll do me

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar
          I've been out of touch with AES prices for the past few months. What's a complete set of US AES slugs worth (1,2,3,4,5 & X)?
          i would say at least ?1500

Comment

How much worth is
            - the European version of Super Puzzle Fighter II for the GBA? (complete and in good condition)
            - the US version of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for the Nintendo DS? (complete, very good condition, with additional manual in French)

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
              i would say at least ?1500
              Heh, Metal Slug 1 on it's own is fetching that sort of money.

Comment

Heh, Metal Slug 1 on it's own is fetching that sort of money.
                i'm not too sure the AES hasn't got the same madness that surrounded it 3/ 4 years ago, all the trend followers with more money than sense has seemed to have left the scene, metal slug1 4 years ago could have fetched ?1500, but today it will probably be nearer ?1000. Although i might have been a little too conservative with my initial valuation those game may go for closer to ?2000, but i can't see it going any higher, definately between ?1500 - ?2000. Reallly its too hard to give an accurate value with the neo home cart market trailling as it is cart prices just seem to fluctuate a lot.

Its probably the best time to sell while you can still get good money for it, the neo seems to have lost that exclusivity surrounding it, definately a reason for many to leave the scene. In a few years time i can see the bottom totally falling out, metal slug 1 would probably then only go for ?400

Comment

There's still a market for mint games. An English Metal Slug changed hands for around $3000 quite recently. Might even have been $3250. Metal Slug 2 is a $1000+ game now as well.

I don't pay too much attention to the English versions tbh (other than to baulk at how much they cost), but I'd say Zak's set is probably worth around ?3K.

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
                    i'm not too sure the AES hasn't got the same madness that surrounded it 3/ 4 years ago, all the trend followers with more money than sense has seemed to have left the scene, metal slug1 4 years ago could have fetched ?1500, but today it will probably be nearer ?1000. Although i might have been a little too conservative with my initial valuation those game may go for closer to ?2000, but i can't see it going any higher, definately between ?1500 - ?2000. Reallly its too hard to give an accurate value with the neo home cart market trailling as it is cart prices just seem to fluctuate a lot.

Its probably the best time to sell while you can still get good money for it, the neo seems to have lost that exclusivity surrounding it, definately a reason for many to leave the scene. In a few years time i can see the bottom totally falling out, metal slug 1 would probably then only go for ?400
                    Are you talking about US or JAP AES carts?

Comment

There's still a market for mint games. An English Metal Slug changed hands for around $3000 quite recently. Might even have been $3250. Metal Slug 2 is a $1000+ game now as well.

I don't pay too much attention to the English versions tbh (other than to baulk at how much they cost), but I'd say Zak's set is probably worth around ?3K.
                      zaki - AES carts in general i believe, although its only my opinion, you never know the Neo mrket might pick up again and be just like it was in 2002 but i just can't see that happening.

nah not even VGI sell mint metal slug 2's for that much, even metal slug one they normally only sell for little over ?1000. I think VGI is a good reflection of the current neo scene, 3 - 4 years ago Neo carts used to be their main stock, they used to always consistantly have new games coming in and sought after titles never hung around for too long. Today you see a smaller selection, its definately no longer one their main focus's, only a dripple of games come in and out, prices are lower but still there are many games that have been there for over a year and still haven't sold.

Pessimistic i may be but with lots of neo fanboys moving on to MVS, or have completed their collection, with others moving away thanks to competant conversions now appearing on other formats, as well as all the hangers on leaving i just can't see the market holding itself. Markets thrive on supply and demand i just don't think the demand is there anymore

Comment

Rare US carts have by and large held their value among collectors of US carts. If anything some US carts have gained in value (RBFF2 for instance can fetch $1000+ for a mint copy..why oh why did I get rid of it for relative peanuts).

JP is another matter. Prices have really fallen.

Zaki, try pming a member here Ter (FTL from neo-geo).

Comment

Alot of AES carts have depreciated in value, but the US Slugs are actually going up in value. A JP Slug will never fetch what it did a few years ago (i.e ?1000+), but the US carts are still very much in demand. It all depends on condition, of course, and if it is a mint set you're definetely talking ?3000+.

*EDIT - Wheela bet me to it 8) *

Comment

It does seem AES prices are lowering. I got KOF '98 for ?120 3 years ago and when I was thinking of selling it I had trouble to get ?60 including delivery.

Anyway I had some items for sale and wondered if anyone could think of a fair price for these?

Terrinigma - SNES - PAL
                            Zelda Majoras mask - N64 - PAL

Comment

Its good timing for me then, to start collecting JP AES games! I was bidding for JP KOF 98 in mint+ condition, I bid for ?35, but it only went for ?36 . The prices have definitely dropped.......

Comment

Originally posted by Nakano
                                Its good timing for me then, to start collecting JP AES games! I was bidding for JP KOF 98 in mint+ condition, I bid for ?35, but it only went for ?36 . The prices have definitely dropped.......
                                quite glad i sold all of mine about a year ago

Comment

Working...
                                X