Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast Question.

Hello.

I've just ordered myself a lovely copy of Samba off ebay and am now in need of a disc for my DC to allow it to play US games. Utopia is it?

Anyone know where its possible to get hold of one these days?

Thanks in advance.

If you've got a CD burner, you can just download it and then burn it onto a disc. I got mine from roms4free on IRC.

Just did a quick search (well I say quick, but i'm using a dial up connection at the moment) and this plae appears to have a download of the Utopia disc. http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/Utopia.htm. Its 2.5megs so I didn't try the download on my speedy connection.

Comment

Either that or get a 4-5 wire modchiip. Some places still have em and it's the best way. I'd get real pissed off if I had to keep doing a swap trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
        If you've got a CD burner, you can just download it and then burn it onto a disc. I got mine from roms4free on IRC.

Just did a quick search (well I say quick, but i'm using a dial up connection at the moment) and this plae appears to have a download of the Utopia disc. http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/Utopia.htm. Its 2.5megs so I didn't try the download on my speedy connection.
        Thats superb, thanks a lot.

I'll only be using it for Samba so i'm not really fussed about disc-swapping.

Comment

Can someone translate the bit where it says:

'To use Utopia with homebrew, burn an unscrambled binary (it must be named 1st_read.bin) on a blank CD in Mode 1. Boot up Utopia and then swap in the Mode1 CD.'

Or can I ignore that, is it just a case of burning the file onto a CD?

Comment

Hmm I dunno about that message - the place where I got mine had a very simple file you downloaded for your cd making software of choice..

But, if youre using the Utopia mate, Samba will only run in 50hz which might be annoying.. better off buying the DC-X bootdisc which forces 60hz.

Comment

Cheers pal, any idea on where to get hold of one?

Comment

Sure, try www.videogameimports.com

Comment

Thats brilliant, thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X