Bujingai Pal release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bujingai Pal release?

A while back (I think on C4's Teletext) I read that Bujingai had been picked up by Codemasters for a euro release. Nothing has been heard since, so I thought that it was just a rumour. However after a bit of hunting around it seems its due out for an Australian release (under the title Bujingai: Swordmaster) on the 7th of November. Also there are a few French news sites reporting about this (one says it was out on the 29/09/04, but amazon.fr have no listing) and even a Spanish official site.

Does anyone else know anything about this? (And could someone confirm that Au PS2 games work on pal machines?) It's looking quite promising for pal-only gamers.

Originally posted by Meng De
    Does anyone else know anything about this? (And could someone confirm that Au PS2 games work on pal machines?) It's looking quite promising for pal-only gamers.
    The only thing I can confirm is that a Australian copy will work perfectly fine on your PAL machine. I wouldn't get your hopes up though for release.

I really should open and try my US copy :P

Comment

It's out in France. I saw it in "La Fnac". Is it any good ?

Comment

Thanks for confirming this guys, I may be able to play imported PS2 title by the time the Au. version is out, but it's great to know that I won't miss out on this. As for the French release I read on a site that it has all the US extra's and 60hz mode, so this is a viable alternative.

MerlanFrit, do you know of any good French online retailers? I'd also be interested to know if the French version carries any other languages. Btw if you want to find out more read this First Play that goes in-depth about the game. Myself I'm a big Gackt fan, so I've been after this for a while, however the game sounds great, if soon to be eclipsed by DMC3.

Comment

You coul try www.fnac.com but I don't know how they handle shipments outside France.

French PAL games often come with multiple languages, but the languages really depend of the game. You don't want to play in dutch, do you ? If you're lucky enough, it won't even be translated from the US version, but I really can't help you there... In fact, thought that games released in France were also available in the U.K.

Comment

they normally are, tho there are a few exceptions, Taxi 2: Le Jeu on DC was france exclusive, and then Space Channel 5 Part 2 never made it to the UK despite being released everywhere else in Europe inc Ireland, apparantly the reason for that was due to the Michael Jackson malarky that was going on here at the time of the PAL release.

Comment

Taxi 2: Le Jeu on DC was france exclusive
              Yeah we froggies are soooo lucky... What a ****ty franchise...

Comment

Just a quick update for the people interested. The Pal version is out on the 18/02/05 - I finally managed to get the Jp version a while ago. It's a good, if not great game, that will keep you going untill DMC3. Although being a Gackt fan helps.

Comment

Great I've been waiting for this for a while

Is Gackt the name of the character you play as?

I just read this on Play - I think it's been changed for the PAL release

Bujingai: Swordmaster is a third person action-adventure title that brings martial arts fantasy to life. Inspired by classic Hong Kong cinema, the player takes on the role of a spell-casting, gravity-defying warrior named Lau. Set in post-apocalyptic Asia, Lau must battle his way through an army of fiends to rescue a fellow warrior who has been possessed by a demon. Lau is able to fight multiple enemies while running, gliding, floating, and running on walls. To make the action even more authentic, all of the characters in Bujingai: Swordmaster have fluid motion capture movements that give them just as much personality as Lau.
                  Who's Lau?

Comment

Originally posted by RLench
                    Great I've been waiting for this for a while

Is Gackt the name of the character you play as?

I just read this on Play - I think it's been changed for the PAL release

Who's Lau?
                    Lau is the name of the character you play as. He is starred by Gackt, a real-life male Japanese pop singer.

Comment

Ok thanks. I thought the character was called Gackt (and based on the real-life Gackt)

Comment

You can unlock a Gackt skin for Lau though. And in the Jp version there is also a cool Gackt commentary mode, where he will give you encouragement and praise about your handling of Lau - I don't know if the Pal version will have this though.

Comment

Working...
                        X