PS2 RGB cable problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 RGB cable problem

I've just bought the Blaze RGB cable that Saurian recommended from Gameplay (the light blue one with stereo outputs). When i fired up the PS2 however, the picture is in colour and and looks sharp, but it isn't fixed and scrolls across the screen. My TV can definitely do RGB (Modified GC RGB scart works perfectly). Anyone got an idea what the problem could be? I'm competent with a soldering iron, so don't mind opening it up.

Hmm, for starters, make sure the PS2 is setup in RGB mode. After that, the connections could just be loose. The only time I got a rolling screen on my system was when the Scart and power leads where wrapped round each other, make sure it's well away from the power lead perhaps? Hope any of this helps?

Comment

I had this problem when I had a PS2. You need to switch to the AV channel on the TV as it doesn't switch the TV over to the channel automatically.

Comment

It does switch automatically. Tried Greng's suggestions, and its still the same rolling screen. i didn't mention before, but the picture is blue too (i forgot, and thats probably quite important). anyone got any idea at all before i send it back to Gameplay?

Comment

Are you going through a switch box? I had the blue-tinge problem and it was down to me having one of the "REENCODE" buttons pressed down. Somone on the board suggested fiddling until both buttons were up (off) and it worked.

Comment

It was full on deep blue, not just a tinge. It turned out it was just a faulty cable. Game are selling the exact same cable, but for a fiver more, so I just bought it and i'm gonna swap it over for the dead one and take it back. Its norty, but hey, so are Game.

Comment

Working...
            X