VF4 Evo: Which joystick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VF4 Evo: Which joystick

I need to get a joystick to play VF4 and VF4 Evo when it comes out on PAL.

I've noticed that the special VF4 Evo stick has more buttons on than the SC2 stick, but in the form of little buttons at the top of the controller (specifically the L3 and R3 buttons).

What do those buttons do in Evo?

Ideally I'd like to get one stick for this and other games, which means the SC2 stick appeals, but I dont want a compromised VF4 Evo experience.

So.... whats the best stick?

Thanks.

As you have already pointed out - the SCII stick would be more versatile in the long-run with 6 face buttons. As really the VF4 Evo stick is good for VF4 Evo/VF4. You could assign the standard G/P/K to the X/Square/Triangle on the SCII stick.

The greyed L3/R3 buttons functions are... i have no idea what L3 does, but in training mode R3 resets character positions. These can be assigned to the other buttons on the SCII stick as well.

Comment

I have the SC2 stick for VF4 Evo, and it works really well. It is obviously not as good as the VF4 stick, but like you have already pointed out it is much more versatile. The SC2 is still much better than using the pad though, so it is well worth buying.

Comment

Both sticks are made by Hori so there's little to choose between them.

You could go the whole hog and build a stick with proper Sanwa controls they use in the machines like this fellow did:
        http://members.cox.net/ctwentytwo/joystick_builder/ (sites offline ATM)

I'm going to order an x-arcade PCB and build one with Sanwa controls. That way I can use it for all the consoles and MAME.

Comment

Working...
        X