Chiped Xbox with Prg Scan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chiped Xbox with Prg Scan

Please help, new to the forums and i need expert advice.Does any one no if a pal chip-ed X-box can output progressive scan from ntsc games, other wise ill have to go the expensive rote and by a USA X-box. Thanks.

Hey if you do have to buy a usa x-box pm me i know one of the forum members who has one for sale

Comment

You dont need a US Xbox

All Xboxes are the same - the only thing that determines what options you have is an EEPROM setting.

You will need to use an app called configMagic or the Enigmah videomode select disk to change your machine to NTSC. After that you can access the options needed when you plug the High Definition pack in.

Comment

I think www.premodded.co.uk has the software installed already when you buy. Has any one had any experiences with them and one more question do I need to buy a component cable to go with the Hidef connection?
        Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hiya

The Hi Def connector (from MS anyway) comes supplied with a cable, but you will still require a optical cable for digital sound.

I might have a Hi Def pack floating about, PM me if interested.

Ta

Ten

Comment

Originally posted by Darksunreturns
            Please help, new to the forums and i need expert advice.Does any one no if a pal chip-ed X-box can output progressive scan from ntsc games, other wise ill have to go the expensive rote and by a USA X-box. Thanks.
            Allow me to just verify that my PAL xbox (modded) when switched into NTSC display mode will output progressive scan, for ntsc games and pal games.

Now, pal60 games will run at a lower resolution, so perhaps pal games which don't support pal60 (they exist) won't output progressive scan, no idea - i don't own any.

the progressive scan options appear in the dash once you have the official cable installed.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X