No announcement yet.

GC RGB Cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Saurian, you're a star. I'll look out for it, although that site doesn't seem to have it - ho hum.

Comment

You're in business

Comment

Easiest way to check for RGB is one of the Argos splitters (or any other good scart splitter) - they have an RGB switch on them that toggles it on/off - if you get no change in picture quality when you press the button it ain't RGB - usually when you press the button the difference is very noticable.

Comment

Not always. My TV bypasses the RGB switch in the scart block, which has no effect at all. Anyway, I can select the scart output by the remote.

Comment

Interesting - admittedly I've only tried it on my TV

I think this is the PS2 cable Saur was talking about

Comment

For real

RGB detection is wired into the cable itself - if the correct voltage is supplied to pin 16 of the SCART plug your TV will switch to RGB mode. The cable I mentioned is correctly wired and will switch your TV to RGB mode itself (make sure you use AV1 to start with just incase you only have 1 RGB port on your TV)

Comment

Originally posted by dgnr7982
                Interesting - admittedly I've only tried it on my TV

I think this is the PS2 cable Saur was talking about

http://gameloaded.co.uk/index.php?ma...ID=&submenuID=
                Or get it here for ?1.50 less. Got one a couple of weeks ago and for the price you can't go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                  I just ordered the IXOS PS2 RGB lead - cost around ?40 (but it's LUSH)
                  You actually used this cable yet? If you have is it worth ?40? Is the picture quality that much better than the decent Blaze one? Where did you order it from?

Comment

THATS The one!

A shop used to sell them near me for ?4 - companies here re-package them and sell them at silly prices!

Comment

Originally posted by wager
                      I just ordered the IXOS PS2 RGB lead - cost around ?40 (but it's LUSH)
                      You actually used this cable yet? If you have is it worth ?40? Is the picture quality that much better than the decent Blaze one? Where did you order it from?
                      Yep - it REALLY is as good as I say! Got the link off Bash to order it, cant remember where (I'll check t3h invoice when I get back)

Comment

Yep - it REALLY is as good as I say! Got the link off Bash to order it, cant remember where (I'll check t3h invoice when I get back)
                        Ok, thanks. Does sound tempting.

Comment

Working...
                        X