Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC: connecting the wires for USB front ports.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC: connecting the wires for USB front ports.

If this really shouldn't be here, then sorry - I never can make my mind up if the forum title means "technical import questions" or "import or technical questions".

Anyway, the problem is that I've got the following things inside my PC:

1) 8 connection points in a 2x4 group on my motherboard
    2) 8 individual wires ending in those things like the power and reset button connctors.

I know which wire should go where, but can I push all 8 (or even 1 group of 4 to start with) onto the correct pins without the movement of one wire causing me to accidentally pull another one out? No. Does anyone have any tips for this cack-handed idiot? I thought of trying to glue the connectors together into one big block which would be really simple, but I fear that the glue would space the connections out too much.

I think you're best just grabbing them all together between your finger and thumb and plugging them in. Or, perhaps you could wrap tape around them to bunch them together correctly?

You can get plastic glue which is a liquid, it won't create a large enough spacing between connectors to push it out of alignment (assuming they're in contact when plugged in anyway).

Comment

Working...
    X