Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play-Asia Packing Query

Hi,

Couldn't resist a DS so ordered one from Play-Asia (first order from them). Ordered the console, Wario: Touch! and Hori pouch. Chose TNT courier. I received the package yesterday (3 days to deliver, impressive) but the console box was damaged. The console itself is fine as far as I can tell. The annoying thing is Play-Asia didn't put ANY protection in the box the gear was sent in. No bubble wrap or anything. No wonder it got damaged.
    The console box was just rattling around the Play-Asia box.

Angry . Especially since I paid for courier delivery. I guess "it doesn't really matter" because the console is OK but I like my stuff pristine.

Who else orders from Play-Asia here and if so do they always do this?

Thanks,
    mango
    Last edited by mango; 14-12-2004, 10:03. Reason: Vague title

Was there no polystyrene "chips" or anything? That's what they usually do with stuff in a reasonably-sized box.

I've never had any damaged goods from play-asia myself. I've never used TNT courier, mind you...

Comment

As Kubrick has already said, they usually fill the boxes with polystyrene chips.

Everything i've ordered from them has arrived mint, but i must admit that if i got something with a damaged box then i'd be pretty pissed off.

I'm sure they'd swap it for you if you asked nicely...its just upto wether or not its worth the hassle.

Comment

Which courier do you use when ordering from Play-Asia then? Any other worthy Japanese importers?

I've mailed Play-Asia and complained....

Thanks,
        Mango

Comment

No "chips" or anything. Just the goods in a cardboard box. Awful really. I would have thought regardless of which courier you use then the packing Play-Asia do will be the same? Maybe not.

Comment

Sounds quite bad, my DS from PA had a lot of buble wrap around it and its practically mint. Maybe the person that was packing yours just got lazy.

Comment

Normally I don't use a courier, just the standard shipping (box packaging for "crushables" though).

On the couple of occasions where I've used EMS, the stuff has always been packed with the poly chips or bubblewrap and arrived mint...and also with a bill from Parcelfarce.

Lik-sang's packaging is much better - everything goes out in a box full of foam chips.

Comment

Could it have been repackaged by TNT, like an inspection or something?

Comment

Looking at the tracking info Customs at Heathrow "inspected" the package. Took them 1hr and 20 mins too before releasing to TNT. They could have repackaged it I guess. I love this country sometimes.....

See what Play-Asia have to say about it. The first time I import something and this happens ffs........is it always like this?!

Comment

No, it isn't man. It's a shame you got caught by customs so don't blame Play Asia 'cos I, and many others, haven't had any problems at all. It's always the postal service.

It's expected considering your order though, did you get charged too? When you have a large value order, mail them and ask them to 'mark it down', if you're willing to accept the consequences of it ever getting lost.

Comment

Working...
                    X