No announcement yet.

Play-Asia.. any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PA are great. As mentioned always go for the cheapest shipping option where possible to reduce the chance of any import tax.
    Lik-Sang are also very good, worth checking both for the best price on what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by aidey6
      Blimey

I was going to order a US PSP from importmadness too, as it is at a reasonable price

Does anyone have anything good to say about them?
      Yes. If you're willing to have your item shipped by courier (FedEx), then they are very reliable. Whenever I've wanted a game/console pronto, I've always ordered from them and it's arrived in at max three days and no import duty. OTOH, if you're going for cheaper shipping methods then you're definitely better off elsewhere.

Comment

Lik Sang isn't particularly customs friendly-even with Airmail. You can try Yesasia global, who resend things from their U.K base so you don't get hit by customs and they have free shipping. Sometimes they're pretty quick as they may have the game in the U.K, i mainly use them for consoles. Although i don't use them much for games, as Play Asia are cheaper and i'm not too impatient to wait.

Comment

Are you guys serious that you don't need to pay import tax when ordering from importmadness.com? I checked around the site, and read somewhere that the buyer WILL have to pay for customs charges.

I was thinking of ordering Star Fox Assault from videogamesplus, but I was told that they would have the canadian version (and I'd prefer getting the american version), so I might have to look into importmadness.

What's the cheapest shipping option for a videogame at importmadness? Say I order on monday the 14th, how long should it take for the game to arrive?

Comment

If you want American versions of games use tronix. They're brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Crossed fingers
              Lik Sang isn't particularly customs friendly-even with Airmail. You can try Yesasia global, who resend things from their U.K base so you don't get hit by customs and they have free shipping. Sometimes they're pretty quick as they may have the game in the U.K, i mainly use them for consoles. Although i don't use them much for games, as Play Asia are cheaper and i'm not too impatient to wait.
              I bought probably few grands worth of stuff over the years from Lik-sang when they were still selling illegal(?) stuffs.

anyway I never once paid any import duty on any of items - they were usually shipped via Global Priority. Only time I had to went downt our Custom House was when I import Platinum GC from lik-sang and I had to sign the release form as it was Nintendo products...

cheers

Comment

Working...
              X