Urgent: PS2 messiah 2 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent: PS2 messiah 2 question

I have a jap ps2 chipped with messiah 2. Runs like a dream.

Today I tried to play a Jap ps1 game: DDR extra mix. The game loads fine and goes into the "searching for save data" screen. Then suddenly the scrren falshes and a red no entry symbol comes up. There's some jap writing in the background but its illegible and garbled.

I try the same thing with a UK copy of DDR euro mix. Exact same thing happens.

Then I try the Pal ps1 game DDR party mix (the new one) and the game loads fine.

Can any one tell me what the heck is going on? (bt- I also tried a jap copy of Ridege racer 4 which worked with no problems)

Goz

Sounds like those games have anti-mod protection on them, that's the symbol that comes up when it detects the chip. Unfortunately the Messiah 2 doesn't support "stealth" protection so games can detect that the chip is there.

Solutions:

1) You can play JAP anti-mod games on it by disabling the chip - start up the PS2 with no game in it by pressing reset and hold down reset until you get to the system config screen. Then insert the game and it should work. Of course, with the chip disabled you can only play JAP stuff The chip is only disabled temporarily, it will turn back on when you power cycle the PS2. You can test that the chip is off by trying a non-JAP game at this point and see if it boots (it shouldn't)

2) There might be a way of getting the anti mod games to load by using an action replay with appropriate codes - but I don't know much about this..

Comment

*runs off to try solution 1*

you are a star Tak- thanks mate

Comment

or you can make an image of the game with your favourite cdr software, patch it and burn it back to a cdr.

Why do they add these stupid protections to games ???

surely they must realise that they are only pushing piracy more by doing this

Comment

Yep, it just encourages more piracy ft:

I guess that's why they haven't continued the trend with PS2 games... yet.

Comment

Working...
          X